New Chatter forum

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 12 May 2002 1.48pm
Dear all,

The volume of messages on this forum has increased dramatically in the past couple of months, and particular in recent weeks. This is great, and I am thrilled to see so many people using and enjoying the site, four years after the launch of 'in SE1' and the early versions of this site.

I've been particularly pleased that the forum has never needed much intervention from me, and the debates about SE1 issues have been great fun to read and of a high quality.

There are some people who wish to use the forum for general chatter which doesn't necessarily have an SE1 connection. I have enjoyed most of this banter, but I'm not sure that it works too well mixed in with the main SE1 discussions, and I'd hate for people to be put off from reading or contributing to the forum because of a higher volume of off-topic stuff.

It also creates problems when someone's serious question or point is followed up by a volley of one-line quips and jokes - if the original poster has signed up for email notification of replies, they will get a torrent of up to 20 or more emails. There isn't an easy way to "unsubscribe" from a thread at the moment, so please be considerate of other people

So, we've creat a new <a href="http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/list.php?f=2">Chatter</a> forum for general chat. Please use this to your heart's content.

But please also avoid bad language and other inappropriate remarks - let's keep this forum a friendly and accessible place for everyone.

Sorry for the long ramble - I hope it make sense.

Thanks for your cooperation.

James
Website Editor

PS - If you have any comments and suggestions, please drop me an email - <a href="mailto:james.hatts@banksidepress.com">james.hatts@banksidepress.com</a>

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network