Quieter restaurant/pub (Friday night!)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 7 October 2016 6.36am
Have my old man visiting from Orkney (grew up in South London but retired there). He has hearing loss and struggles in noisy/background music type places. Would still love to go out though! Any thoughts for places that are a bit quieter e.g. with soft furnishings to muffle the noise. Shad Thames area especially (live off Southwark Park Road)
Friday 7 October 2016 10.10am
Café Amisha? My dad is a bit deaf and that's where I usually go with him. It's quiet and has spaced out tables. Staff are really nice too so, if you ask them in advance, they would probably reserve you a particularly quiet table.
Tuesday 11 October 2016 5.51pm
If he likes Chinese then there's Hing Lee in Shad Thames. Turned up on a Saturday night with no reservation and it was quiet - only a couple of tables taken. The food and service was good too.
Wednesday 12 October 2016 6.02am
The Grange Pub on Grange Road near Bermondsey Spa Gardens is usually pretty empty, even on a Friday night.
Wednesday 12 October 2016 12.35pm
Would certainly echo Hing Lee if he likes Chinese. More upmarket would be Blueprint – was really surprised how empty it was last time we went (although not guaranteed for every weekend). Also Browns might be a little quieter.
Thursday 13 October 2016 5.00pm
Browns in shad thames. Quiet and decent food at a great price
Thursday 13 October 2016 6.26pm
Thanks everyone
ended up having take out at home - and went to whitstable for a sunday lunch

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: