Clock Repair

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
npt
Friday 7 October 2016 9.29am
We've got a small wall clock that we need looking at. Does anybody know of anywhere in the SE1 or commutable area? The issue appears to be with some corrosion of the battery mechanism, or possibly a battery leak melting the device.
Sunday 9 October 2016 10.05am
Try SDV Jewelers at !00 Lower Marsh, next to Boots the chemist. Most of their work is done within a day or two, sometimes whilst you wait.
If it is corrosion as you suspect and is a quartz battery driven mechanism then it might not be repairable and may require new works which are relatively cheap.
They will give you a quote free of charge.
I am an extremely satisfied customer and have used them for everything from pocket watches to a long case clock, batteries and watch straps etc.
Try them, it will cost you nothing for a quote.
Sunday 9 October 2016 10.15am
I was going to suggest SDV too. But be aware they close quite early in the afternoon.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Zoe
Sunday 9 October 2016 11.34am
Thank you for the suggestion, I have a Mao clock (waving a little red book!) which needs repairing, so I will take in.
Sunday 9 October 2016 4.30pm
James is right, they close between 3 and 3.30 pm and by 1 pm on Saturdays. To be sure of them being open when you call I would suggest you visit them between 9 am and 3 pm.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: