Water pressure and no water

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 9 October 2016 7.34pm
Anyone else experiencing water going off, or very low pressure today?
Rang Thames Water but just get a robot with a message, and then the call is cut off after five minutes.
Sunday 9 October 2016 7.49pm
Typical, you cant get any live person on the phone anymore. our water pressure is fine.
Sunday 9 October 2016 8.00pm
Six hours so far today with no water - four hours from 10.30am to around 2.30pm, now again since about 6.15 / 6.30pm. Why can we not speak to a human being?!
Sunday 9 October 2016 8.05pm
Several high-rise blocks in Bermondsey have no water:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 9 October 2016 8.19pm
We had no water whatsoever in Rowland Hill House, that is to say those above the 6th floor had no water, and people living below 6th floor reported a decrease in pressure. The only water that is coming through is the cold water tap in the bathroom which comes from the tanks on the roof, not the mains.

I called Thames Water just before 1.00pm and actually got to speak to a human being who told me there was a problem with the pumping station at Battersea and that the engineers were called in at 12 noon with an eta of 3.00pm although they may come sooner. The chap I spoke to said it may well be sooner

I wasn't able to check with any neighbours at that time in Applegarth, Vaughan or Helen Gladstone but Thames Water said they had dozens of calls and that the problem was not just local but affected a large chunk of SE London and SW London.

They hoped that once the engineers got on to it that it would be okay, around 4.00pm onwards.

Well, it wasn't, still no water coming out of either kitchen tap. Rang Thames Water just before 8.00pm and got a recorded message which just apologised for any difficulties, the problem is taking much longer than normal to correct, and please bear with us and be assured we are doing out best etc. That number is 0800 714614 if any of you reading this want to call.
Sunday 9 October 2016 8.31pm
water pressure low on my taps too, bermondsey street

water disappeared totally a few weeks back too on a sunday eve

hold the front page
Sunday 9 October 2016 8.45pm
Thames Water map shows problem across SE1:

http://www.thameswater.co.uk/thameswaterlive/

(Thanks, hhrca)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 9 October 2016 9.32pm
water, water everywhere!!!
fridge decided to spring a leak to keep me on my toes
just a trickle from the taps, and shower will not work because of safety feature.
Fingers crossed it is sorted out soon

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: