Replacement double glazing – soundproofing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 23 October 2016 4.15pm
Has anyone had any experience replacing existing double glazing units?

The windows in my flat have all ‘blown’ ie there’s condensation in them and I’m not sure that they act like double glazed units any more in terms of heat loss and noise! I want to replace like for like (they’re kind of industrial looking), but I haven’t seen anything like them on the usual web sites (Anglian, Everest etc.). I’d also like something that does a better job of keeping out the noise. I realise that the secondary glazing is usually best for this, but I’d need to replacing the existing double glazing anyway, so I thought I’d so how that goes first.

All advice welcome.

Thanks,

Hils
Monday 24 October 2016 2.31pm
Hi, did you find someone to replace the glass?
Monday 24 October 2016 6.15pm
Hi there

Sorry, you've confused me there. I need someone to replace the whole units, not just the glass as the frames are metal and cold and very worn out.

If anyone could recommend an experienced company, that would be very helpful.
Monday 24 October 2016 7.37pm
I'm local builder in south london with my lovely team workers.
We like to help our customers In full refurbishment properties ,just click bellow our lastes work
Our prices are very good end attractive
Www.evorefurbishment.co.uk. or
https://m.facebook.com/www.evoref.co.uk/
Email:info@evorefurbishment.co.uk
Thanks
Tuesday 25 October 2016 1.42pm
Try Crittall Windows, they were experts in installing metal framed Windows, just googled them still in existence..been going years..
Tuesday 25 October 2016 3.43pm
And in older buildings where it's vital to match the whole.
Tuesday 25 October 2016 6.21pm
Is Crittals still going?
Tuesday 25 October 2016 7.33pm
Very much so....experts....there are so many buildings including The Tower that have them. I would put the number up but don't know is I can.
Wednesday 26 October 2016 11.57am
Hi Jan

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I’m a bit daunted by the whole project so if I can get someone with a good reputation that would certainly help!

Thanks again

Hils

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: