Vegetarian Indian restaurant/takeaway

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Thursday 3 November 2016 1.32pm
Any recommendations for good vegetarian, or non halal Indian restaurant/takeaway in the SE1 area.
Thursday 3 November 2016 1.39pm
Not sure about Halal vegatables, but that Bermondsey Tandoori mentioned on the other thread has a good selection of vegetarian dishes.
Thursday 3 November 2016 3.10pm
[quote boroughonian]Not sure about Halal vegatables, but that Bermondsey Tandoori mentioned on the other thread has a good selection of vegetarian dishes.[/quote

Thanks for your suggestion, albeit not very helpful. Must be non halal!
Thursday 3 November 2016 5.26pm
[quote Littledorrit1][quote boroughonian]Not sure about Halal vegatables, but that Bermondsey Tandoori mentioned on the other thread has a good selection of vegetarian dishes.[/quote

Thanks for your suggestion, albeit not very helpful. Must be non halal![/quote]

Pardon me I'm sure.
Thursday 3 November 2016 5.49pm
What would be objectionable about a halal vegetable. In the sense it is prepared in accordance with muslim dietary law yes it is halal, but they don't hang it upside down and let it bleed to death while reciting a blessing like they do for the meat? They may however bless all their vegetables before chucking them in the boiling water. Curious to know?
Friday 4 November 2016 7.30am
And again, another pointless and unhelpful comment. I'm beginning to wonder whether this forum is purely for the vexatious and infantile.
Friday 4 November 2016 9.09am
Littledorrit1 wrote:
And again, another pointless and unhelpful comment. I'm beginning to wonder whether this forum is purely for the vexatious and infantile.

Perhaps you should of wrote, vegetarian AND non halal eh? For the record, I went to the trouble of googling and couldn't find any, hope that helps.

Vexatious and infantile? Have a look at yourself.

Happy day.
Friday 4 November 2016 10.35am
boroughonian wrote:
Littledorrit1 wrote:

Perhaps you should of wrote, vegetarian AND non halal eh? For the record, I went to the trouble of googling and couldn't find any, hope that helps.

Happy day.

Hahaha! Now I'm having visions of an Imam solemnly blessing a basket of carrots and potatoes.

Sorry. Proudly vexatious and infantile :)
Friday 4 November 2016 11.13am
LiviaDrusilla wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Littledorrit1 wrote:

Happy day.

Hahaha! Now I'm having visions of an Imam solemnly blessing a basket of carrots and potatoes.

Sorry. Proudly vexatious and infantile :)

Thanks for going to the trouble of Googling.
Friday 4 November 2016 12.24pm
This is getting silly.
I don't know any in SE1, but the veggie/vegan restaurants Woodlands and Sagar across the river are favourites, all the others I know of serve ritually slaughtered meat.
I hope that is some help.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: