Clothes alterations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 7 November 2016 1.55pm
Could anyone recommend somewhere to get some new jeans taken up ? Unfortunately my mums no longer with us , so cant ask her to do it ;)

ive used the place by the young vic with on the cut before but there prices are a bit steep
Monday 7 November 2016 4.39pm
Tower bridge rd. On the corner of where Lloyds bank used to be there is a cleaners, they do alterations, they have two machines in window. Opposite where The Hartley was. Can't think of street name Rothesay st.where the shop is near cash point?
Monday 7 November 2016 5.41pm
I take mine to the dry cleaners in Lower Marsh, Westminster Bridge rd end, I can't remember Whether they charge 8 or 10.
Monday 7 November 2016 6.59pm
the one Jan mentions took some trousers up for me and did a very good job
Monday 7 November 2016 8.10pm
Thanks for the replies , will check them out

Last time i went to the chinese place on the cut (cant remember its name , they cut keys , have internet access etc) I was in uniform , the seamstress started interrogating me ...

"how much do you earn"
"do you own your house"
"are you single"

then showed me a photo of her sister and asked "do you like chinese girls" and asked for my number !! lol
Monday 7 November 2016 8.26pm
I usually have my trouser length altered at a tailor/sewshop on the upper level of the Elephant & Castle shopping centre. Last time it cost me 10.00.
Monday 7 November 2016 10.18pm
Ninja999....lol...you obviously impressed her, sounds like she was doing a bit of matchmaking...
Monday 7 November 2016 11.24pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Ninja999....lol...you obviously impressed her, sounds like she was doing a bit of matchmaking...

if you want to be my replacement mum and take up my trousers , your welcome :)
Tuesday 8 November 2016 9.07am
I am sure the dry cleaners opposite the Leake Street tunnel entrance on Lower Marsh do alterations.
Tuesday 8 November 2016 9.42am
10!!! wow.... My seamstress in France only charges 2 euros to take up trousers!!!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network