Civil Defence in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 9 November 2016 6.11pm
Hi All,

Now that The Donald is on his way to become the next US President, it is reasonable to expect some changes to the state of world security, with a likelihood of increased tensions between the US and China.

With this in mind, does anyone here know what are the Civil Defence arrangements in place for the SE1 area (fallout shelters, aid distribution depots, etc.)?

Are these run by the Government or by Lambeth/Southwark?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Wednesday 9 November 2016 10.19pm
We could all chip in......

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-58067987.html

I suppose I'll be locked in the attic like some nutty uncle no one mentions.
Wednesday 9 November 2016 10.34pm
Very funny.
Thursday 10 November 2016 12.54pm
No shelters, no aid centres. Those are the plans and have been the plans since the end of the Soviet Union.
Zoe
Thursday 10 November 2016 5.03pm
As someone with a love of apocalypse books, I have always paid attention to emergency plans (it makes contingency planning a lot more exciting if put in the context of an outbreak of zombies). There are lots of plans in place for a variety of emergencies but it really wouldn't be cost effective to build bomb shelters which would likely never be used and probably wouldn't be efffective anyway. Local authorities all have disaster plans and in fact Southwark got to use it's recently with the Bermondsey WW2 bomb.
Thursday 10 November 2016 5.31pm
So I guess the deep level tube stations will have to do, in fact the underground network could come in handy for walking through the tunnels towards areas likely to be less affected (such as Morden, for example).
Zoe
Thursday 10 November 2016 7.12pm
That's a good plan, we should do some contingency planning together!
Thursday 10 November 2016 8.32pm
We should share tips on our bug-out bags!
Thursday 10 November 2016 10.22pm
Sounds like they have started digging already. Bloody noise drilling in The Cut last few hours. Barstewards!!!
Friday 11 November 2016 10.18am
Well we're much less likely now to have war with Russia, but China has become a problem? By my reckoning that gives us an extra 5 mins, we might make Stockwell.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network