Ex-Military Door to Door

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 15 November 2016 1.55pm
I was just door knocked by a man claiming to be ex-military and selling poor quality items at a high price to make money (tea towels, oven gloves, microfibre dusters etc). Has anyone else had this experience, as his indication was that is was a common thing to happen, but I have never seen it before.

I'm trying to work out if it is just a way to make money, or if they are up to something else.
Tuesday 15 November 2016 2.51pm
Who knows but can I suggest if you do want to donate to the military that the Royal British Legion operates a pop in center on Borough High Street
Tuesday 15 November 2016 2.55pm
It definitely wasn't officially sanctioned, I do agree that an official body like the RBL is the place to donate.
Tuesday 15 November 2016 5.11pm
Sounds like something out of the 1930s.
Tuesday 15 November 2016 10.30pm
I suspect this is kosher, there used to be a few people like that coming round my parents place in Birmingham, often with mental health problems. It won't be for charity, more like a self-employment opportunity. The products aren't very good but my mum used to buy loads of them and get a telling off from my dad!
Wednesday 16 November 2016 8.42am
In Derby callers would knock with similar products saying they were ex offenders showing a poor quality I'd. Card. My daughter did not have to buy tea towels for a year. I suppose the sellers change their story according to what's current in the news.better than stealing again .
Wednesday 16 November 2016 12.39pm
I like entrepreneurial spirit. Good luck to them..
Wednesday 16 November 2016 12.59pm
As long said tea towels are not stolen in the first instance :)
Wednesday 16 November 2016 1.43pm
They buy or no sale no buy from a distributor & flog them. Good luck to them. Love optimists & not pessimists..
Wednesday 16 November 2016 1.46pm
If quality not on par - someone supply with better quality tea towels etc.. Get flogging them :)..
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: