Albert McKenzie Memorial

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 15 November 2016 5.27pm
I see the memorial has become the next skateboarders playground after the former E&C roundabout. A man was berating them for their disrespect but they just laughed at him and carried on using it as a ramp. I'm surprised no one saw the possibility of this at the planning or design stage!
Wednesday 16 November 2016 8.51am
I know, why don't the council place a cattle grid down over the ramp? Welded down of course. Unless youngsters today understand the perils of war they will not be able to respect the bravery shown. Don't get me wrong I'm pleased they have had peace here for 71 years.
Wednesday 16 November 2016 3.34pm
The best way to deal with the problem of boarders using (and abusing) the public realm, would be to create a large, centrally located, purpose built skate park, with ramps, rails and half-pipes.

Something like this would be perfect:

Wednesday 16 November 2016 6.17pm
Crikey Jules that's great, perhaps they can have that across the Thames instead of another bridge!
Wednesday 16 November 2016 6.42pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Crikey Jules that's great, perhaps they can have that across the Thames instead of another bridge!

Better still, they could build a skate park bridge: if a border misses the ramp, he ends up in the drink.

I'm sure this would be an incentive for the skaters to hone their skills to a high degree...
Wednesday 16 November 2016 10.10pm
I'm sure your right Jules...😀

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: