London Mutual Credit Union - big problems?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 23 November 2016 10.04am
Hi - just wondered if anyone knows what's going on with the credit union?

Their online banking system has been down since the start of the week with just a message saying "We want to inform you that there will be no access to the online and mobile banking services until further notice. We do apologies for this inconvenience."

And when you phone them you get the number unobtainable tone.

Anyone have any info? Bit worrying!
Wednesday 23 November 2016 1.39pm
Just as I was about to check my Christmas present savings for grandchildren ..lets hope it's a temporary blip?
Wednesday 23 November 2016 3.17pm
Wednesday 23 November 2016 6.34pm
Jules that made me laugh...now could I make it to Pilgramage street!
Zoe
Wednesday 23 November 2016 7.41pm
They are introducing a new online banking system. However I couldn't work out how to log on, despite being sent my new member number and following the instructions.
Wednesday 23 November 2016 8.27pm
This came up at Borough, Bankside & Walworth Community Council tonight.

The credit union had sent along a stack of free shopping bags and pens, but no-one to look after their stall (because all the staff are tied up trying to fix the problems).

Someone reported very long queues at the office in Walworth Road too.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 23 November 2016 9.59pm
Thanks for the info James. The service is still down - there's been no reply to emails, and no one answering the phone or tweets. I love the credit union and don't like to criticise but surely they should put out some sort of statement?
Tuesday 29 November 2016 5.56pm
Dear Members,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with the unavailability with our Online Services. We had taken down the services to ensure that all security features and operations were put into place before we released it for members to use.

We have since activated Online and Mobile banking facilities again, in which you can now register (if you have never had online banking with us, or re-register if you have had online banking with us and wants to use the new platform) and login to see live balances and manage your finances.

To access our Online Banking platform please visit the following link:

Online Banking

On this link you will be able to download the step by step guide and see how you can register (or re-register) for Online Banking with LMCU. If you have any issues or enquiries surrounding Online Banking please call us on 02077870770 between 9.30 and 17.00 (Monday to Friday).

Kind regards

London Mutual Credit Union
Wednesday 30 November 2016 12.59am
While I'm sure that Derrick is a top bloke and the link that he has posted is genuine, always remember the advice of Chippy the Internet Safety Squirrel:

"Never enter your bank details or sensitive information on a site you've linked to from an unknown source! Make sure you link directly by typing a verified web address into your browser or using a trusted search engine! Stay safe out there kids!!"

Hope the new LMCU site is great (seriously this time...)!
Thursday 8 December 2016 5.32pm
I must be thick I have tried four times to re register my online details...I feel I am getting more senile by every click! Will have to phone them tomorrow morning and ask for the to go through it step by step in idiot proof way!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: