Solomonic judgement?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 28 November 2016 4.01pm
What a farce our legal system is, perverts meets a lady, acts as a Good Samaritan takes her to his flat, rapes her while she's sleeping, takes photos of the act...and only gets a suspended sentence. Heaven help us.

A woman defrauds a number of people and gets 5 year plus sentence.
Wednesday 30 November 2016 10.24am
Jan,
I share your sense of outrage and indignation at the lenient, very lenient, sentence on the hideous and repulsive Solomon.
2000 compensation to the victim is an insult, court costs must have been more than 500, a suspended sentence means nothing and I wonder how many hours of community work will be performed........ and the sex offenders register is no deterrent. Will any of that money be paid? I doubt it.
Meanwhile, the victim must live with the horror for the rest of her life and by the time she gets over it well enough to live a normal life her chances of a successful marriage and children may have passed her by.
My thoughts and good wishes go to her and hope she does recover from her ordeal.
Justice did not prevail that day and thus will deter other female victims of horrendous sex crimes reporting them to the police
The courts which should protect the women and children and the weak have let them all down and has allowed a vile offender to walk free.
Justice is alive and well but not in England.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: