Best Chinese?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 6 December 2016 9.50am
Please could I have recommendations for good Chinese restaurants, anywhere you could walk to from Bermondsey Square? We are entertaining someone who really cares about good food.
Tuesday 6 December 2016 10.10am
Bit of a walk, but Hing Lee (32 Curlew St, London SE1 2ND) is best imo
Tuesday 6 December 2016 10.38am
Crystal China on Tower Bridge Road gets my vote. But ask for the 'Chinese' menu (which they will need to translate) as you will be given the normal one (which is not great)

They have bus loads of Chinese people there every weekend, literally.
Tuesday 6 December 2016 10.48am
Hutong in the Shard, expensive but very good
Tuesday 6 December 2016 12.15pm
norts wrote:
Bit of a walk, but Hing Lee (32 Curlew St, London SE1 2ND) is best imo

Not much of a walk from Bermondsey Square, at even a slow amble you could do it in 15-16 minutes I'd say.
Straight up TBR, r. into Queen Elizabeth St., l. into Curlew, and it's on the corner of Gainsford.
Or up TBR, r into Tooley, l into Three Oak Lane, r into Q. Elizabeth, l into Curlew.
I have to say, that IMO the food is consistently good there.
CK
Tuesday 6 December 2016 2.18pm
Would second Crystal China although it can get very busy at peak times.
Tuesday 6 December 2016 2.45pm
Hands down Double Happy at the top of Tabard St (if you want a takeaway), the best I have ever had.
Tuesday 6 December 2016 3.02pm
Crystal China is great (the hotpot is fantastic!) if good food is your only criteria. Hutong has great food as well and is more of an experience, given that it's on the 32nd floor of the Shard, but is very expensive (think 75+ a head, before drinks and service).
Tuesday 6 December 2016 10.25pm
Another vote for Crystal China and their hotpot. Really good but be careful when deciding which level of spice to choose!
Wednesday 7 December 2016 1.41pm
I think Crystal China is pretty average but I haven't tried the Hotpot, will give that a go.

After Taste at Elephant is great, very good quality ingredients, bit of a walk from Bermondsey Square though!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: