Bermondsey Street barber shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 11 December 2016 1.17pm
New barbers just opened, where Cave used to be, I think. I had a great haircut today - on a Sunday. Apparently grooming downstairs when the builders have finished.

No connection, just wanted to recommend as Bermondsey Street / Tower Bridge Road needed a barbers that could do a modern cut. 23 not the cheapest, but cheaper than schlepping up to the West End where the barber who cut my hair has been working most recently.
Sunday 11 December 2016 3.50pm
Kardos is one minute walk away on Tower Bridge Road and it's only 10. You do the maths...
Monday 12 December 2016 1.15am
Kardos is 12.

I did say "not the cheapest...."

Just trying to be nice.
Monday 12 December 2016 9.09am
Poncy haircuts! Suppose the barber who's been there for almost 40 years - and, yes, has 40 years' experience - isn't good enough...
Monday 12 December 2016 9.12am
Poor George the barber, he could do with some PR ands Marketing advice, but he has been cutting hair in Bermondsey Street for 30+ year I reckon... His wife used to have a salon there to I believe.

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Monday 12 December 2016 11.09pm
Yep, I should have known better. Negativity so sad.

Best of luck to the happy kind people.
Tuesday 13 December 2016 3.46am
Jridley68 wrote:
Yep, I should have known better. Negativity so sad.
Best of luck to the happy kind people.
Not negativity...fact

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Tuesday 13 December 2016 9.11am
I suspect if George has been going for 30+ years then he's probably doing ok - nothing wrong with a bit of choice in the local area though if the market will sustain it.
Tuesday 13 December 2016 9.45am
There was a profile in a magazine recently of George, I think it was Time Out. I don't think he is doing fine, business is very slow for him. He was saying that he will have to close if business doesn't pick up soon.
Wednesday 14 December 2016 5.39am
I can confirm that George is struggling & told me he pays his rent on a week to week basis sometimes because that's how he manages & the landlord's flexible with him.
I'm not hirsute anymore but I do bring my boy in for a trim.
I was in there once just for chinwag with George when a couple of 'hipster' types came in & started taking pictures.
George asked them if he they wanted a haircut to which they declined saying that he had a 'cool' shop & just wanted a few snaps before heading out the door most probably onto snapster heaven.
It was quite a saddening experience I though.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: