Loud explosion?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 14 December 2016 8.37am
Did anyone hear really loud explosion like noises this morning about 2am? Was so strong my windows where shaking?! I'm on long Lane but people heard it in waterloo and Kennington? Can't find anything on the news?
Wednesday 14 December 2016 9.44am
Yes, I heard them. Frightened the living daylights out of me. Sounded like gunshots, and very close, but then that could have been my overactive imagination at 2am!

It was probably railway works as they manage to make the most extraordinary type and amount of noise.

I am just off Blackfriars Rd.
Wednesday 14 December 2016 12.14pm
So strange how people from all over south London heard it?
Wednesday 14 December 2016 12.43pm
after serving for 2 years in Belfast 26 years ago and getting used to very loud bangs at all hours of the day and night , my body seems to have learnt to sleep through anything these days ....
Wednesday 14 December 2016 1.53pm
I didn't hear it but you could be right re: railway works. Sections of line which are closed or obstructed are protected with detonators - it could have been an engineering train going over those?

Wikipedia Railway Detonators
Wednesday 14 December 2016 11.35pm
I also heard them, I'm between Blackfriars Road and Waterloo Road. Amazing you could also here them in Long Lane. I thought they must be fireworks. Weird.
Thursday 15 December 2016 12.27am
Heard them in Denton road se1,didn't sound like railway works tho.
Friday 16 December 2016 1.41pm
I heard them at southern end of Blackfriars Rd. There were three, spaced apart by what seemed like a couple of minutes.

Railway detonators seems plausible to me, at London Bridge possibly. I work in a Network Rail office occasionally and will ask around next week.
Friday 16 December 2016 2.04pm
Would railway detonators reach as far as old kent road where a friend also heard them. Towards Toys r us end?
Tuesday 20 December 2016 12.27am
War of the Worlds, they do not cometh in peace, they're out to zap us all. They were practising that night to get their invasion techniques just perfect.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: