When our water bills are split from rent

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 January 2017 7.44pm
This year in April our water service charge bills will be split from our rent as we are communal. As currently we have to pay extra on top of rent for the water charges that Southwark are currently charging on us for water. I have found two sites showing at different water charge rates per year. According to those sites we would be paying less if paid bills separately. Since previously councils over charged people for water and had to pay it back to residents, they have not since altered the weekly water payments on the service charges which remains the same which means they are still over charging us then. Plus we should also realise that once the water is split, the council will have to remove those charges from our rents to. Whether water meters are a good or bad thing some properties cant have them, I read if they are communal of which we are. So whether estimated or actual I wonder whats better. Any thoughts on this...
Tuesday 4 April 2017 9.59pm
Has anyone been contacted by Thames Water about paying the water bills as we are supposed to now? Wouldn't want a huge bill at the end of the year or something.
Wednesday 5 April 2017 10.54am
Have a water meter Ladywriter , my daughter lives in a house on her own in Derbyshire and I think the charges were about 500 p.a. Since her water bill she's saved about 220! If it is not possible for meter to be installed in.if in flats etc. They can assess your usuage, eg.one bed flat on your own, toilet flushed 3 times daily, 3 washing loads, 7 showers..
Zoe
Wednesday 5 April 2017 8.22pm
Thames Water will apparently be sending bills out shortly. This will be a yearly bill, but the payments will default to monthly.

There are a number of discounts people can apply for, so it's worth ringing up and asking. Also, if you can't get a meter fitted they will give you a discount which is about 60 a year for a one bed.
Wednesday 5 April 2017 9.58pm
Water meter makes you conserve water. This can only be a good thing.
Thursday 6 April 2017 7.10pm
Got my letter in the end. I think we can't have an individual meter in this building, as every flat has two separate water supplies

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: