Mac computer set up help needed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 22 January 2017 12.43pm
Hi All

I'm looking for someone who can help with the setup of a new Macbook Pro. I have transferred all my PC files over to the Mac using migration assistant, however, the way they are arranged on the Mac is alien to me. Does anyone know of a local computer company that would be able to help on a 1 to 1 basis?

Cheers
B
djm
Sunday 22 January 2017 2.14pm
I know you asked for 1 on 1 but just to make you aware in case you weren't: Apple stores in Central London hold frequent free workshops for this kind of thing.

You can get more information here: http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/learn/

Select a store and look for the "Mac Basics" workshops, you can book a slot and then just show up with your Mac.
Sunday 22 January 2017 4.08pm
Sunday 22 January 2017 5.13pm
Thanks guys, very useful.
Sunday 22 January 2017 8.04pm
It becomes intuitive, second nature after a while, and Ctl-Alt-Delete is a nonsense - enjoy!
Tuesday 24 January 2017 12.09pm
I have had a few contacts with this chap on Twitter and he was very helpful. He does one on one as well as repairs. http://www.the-macdoctor.com/home.html
Tuesday 24 January 2017 7.54pm
hello bmovie, I have somebody who helps me out - please contact me if you would like to talk to them, especially if you want them to come to yours!

Jen x
Wednesday 25 January 2017 10.05am
Thanks Eric, looks v useful
Wednesday 25 January 2017 10.08am
yennig wrote:
hello bmovie, I have somebody who helps me out - please contact me if you would like to talk to them, especially if you want them to come to yours!
Jen x

Hi Jen - I've PM'ed you
Wednesday 9 August 2017 9.35pm
Hello Jen
Could you recommend your contact to me too?

I'm buying an iMac but have been recommended to upgrade the RAM - and just buy the cards from an alternative source for much less than Apple charge. So I would like someone (who knows more than I do!) to install it.
Thank you.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: