Southwark Council keep turning off our district heating for constant repairs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 27 January 2017 6.40pm
Our district communal heating: A couple of days ago it was turned off and again today, this happens a lot and in freezing winter, they keep turning it off for repairs of to which we get no explanation of, we pay extra on our rent for the district heating as well. We get no apology no refund, and end up spending out more using electric heaters to keep warm. Even on complaint you receive email saying it will take then 15 days plus to respond. They expect everyone to just freeze to death in their homes as they simply dont care. All we get is electronic message saying the heating to your blocks is turned off until it can be sorted. or words to that effect..Does anyone else have this problem a lot?
Friday 27 January 2017 8.14pm
Where is this happening?
Zoe
Friday 27 January 2017 8.36pm
Oh yeah, we all get that. Cold baths around.
Sunday 29 January 2017 7.11pm
SE16 Area,
Sunday 29 January 2017 7.15pm
kevinruairi wrote:
Where is this happening?
SE16 Area, have sent you a pm....
Monday 30 January 2017 3.38pm
I'm a leasholder in Eugene Cotter House in SE17 with similar problems and almost daily calls to Housing Repairs and to OCO in Bromley.

Invicta are replacing the boiler, they've been working on it since October. We've had no heat in our property since Christmas. The OCO engineers come by but after some tinkering say there is nothing they can do. Excuses have ranged from poor pressure from the temporary boiler to incorrectly flowing hot water for the district heating.

We have yet to find out how much this will all cost us. I for one will be looking for a rebate on Service Charges. Sometimes there is an update to the blocks outages page:

http://www.2.southwark.gov.uk/info/200055/repairs_and_maintenance/4065/block_outages

Contacts: bola.odusanya@southwark.gov.uk is the project manager for our project and Ed.O'Donoghue@southwark.gov.uk is another project manager who may be the manager for yours.

It is disgraceful, there are many elderly residents in Eugene Cotter House and this is mid winter.

The engineers from Invica and OCO park their vans next to each other every morning but never talk. I understand OCO wanted the boiler refit contract but were underbid by Invicta with disastrous results.
Monday 30 January 2017 6.40pm
JohnBoy49 wrote:
I'm a leasholder in Eugene Cotter House in SE17 with similar problems and almost daily calls to Housing Repairs and to OCO in Bromley.
Invicta are replacing the boiler, they've been working on it since October. We've had no heat in our property since Christmas. The OCO engineers come by but after some tinkering say there is nothing they can do. Excuses have ranged from poor pressure from the temporary boiler to incorrectly flowing hot water for the district heating.

We have yet to find out how much this will all cost us. I for one will be looking for a rebate on Service Charges. Sometimes there is an update to the blocks outages page:

http://www.2.southwark.gov.uk/info/200055/repairs_and_maintenance/4065/block_outages

Contacts: bola.odusanya@southwark.gov.uk is the project manager for our project and Ed.O'Donoghue@southwark.gov.uk is another project manager who may be the manager for yours.

It is disgraceful, there are many elderly residents in Eugene Cotter House and this is mid winter.

The engineers from Invica and OCO park their vans next to each other every morning but never talk. I understand OCO wanted the boiler refit contract but were underbid by Invicta with disastrous results.

I agree is it bad as this happens in our areas a lot of times each year, but twice last week we had no heating. We are in SE16 on Keetons estate, on the corner is a home for elderly sheltered accom and they suffer as well. I have seen the outages site page but like the electronic call we get, we get no explanation as to why it keeps happening. Some times its the No hot water next week No heating, you have gone a long time without heating in your area. All we ever get is excuses as this seems to be a thing in society now with companies that simply cant cut it. Some in my area have been saying about low heating.

thanks for links will look them up...
Monday 30 January 2017 6.49pm
JohnBoy49 wrote:

I tried emailing those but keeps coming back to me...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: