Holiday vaccinations?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 February 2017 3.57pm
Just been advised that PSGP no long do holiday vaccinations, the receptionist didn't know where I could go.

Any help?
Thursday 2 February 2017 9.55pm
I've used Interhealth, at 63-67 Newington Causeway, through work for several years.
Friday 3 February 2017 8.31am
Thank you, will give them both a call.
Saturday 4 February 2017 9.17pm
Is this a thing nowadays? My other half tried to get an appointment for the travel clinic at New Mill Street surgery only to be told there aren't any appointments until after April (!). When she replied that she was going away in February and so couldn't wait until April she was sent in the direction of Jamaica Road where a pharmacy apparently runs a private clinic.

Disappointing that this is the case but I think this is where she was sent: http://www.jamaicaroadpharmacy.co.uk/travel-clinic.html
Sunday 5 February 2017 7.38pm
Not all vaccines are free under the NHS. You can still make an appointment to see a practice nurse at your GP practice, if not your GP for advice. They should be able to administer those free under NHS, impose a charge on those not (or refer you to the right place). I hope they haven't changed it as it's still in the NHS website.
Monday 6 February 2017 10.27am
kaptau wrote:
Not all vaccines are free under the NHS. You can still make an appointment to see a practice nurse at your GP practice, if not your GP for advice. They should be able to administer those free under NHS, impose a charge on those not (or refer you to the right place). I hope they haven't changed it as it's still in the NHS website.

I was told they no long give injections?! I have an appointment with the GP tomorrow so will ask the question directly.
Monday 6 February 2017 7.13pm
Hi, I used the London Travel Clinic by Liverpool St station last year, prices reasonable and they have evening appointments. They also advised me on malaria tablets but told me I could get those on prescription from my GP rather than trying to sell them to me which I was impressed with. I hate injections but hardly felt them, the nurse was really understanding and calming. Bonus is the waiting room has an amazing view over the City (clinic is in tower near Broadgate) You should still be able to get Tetanus jab from your GP if you need that one.
Tuesday 7 February 2017 10.20am
It turns out that they do still do holiday vaccinations and you need to book with the nurse. I've made a complaint about being mis-informed.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network