Camel & Artichoke Lower Marsh closed?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 13 February 2017 1.48pm
It seems that a small victory has been won for a change. Let's try and hang on to this very pleasant pub! Great to sit outside in the summer and also very nice upstairs in cooler times. The International Brigade Memorial Trust has been using it for a long time and we hope that we can continue to do so.
Let's support one of our good local watering holes!!
Monday 13 February 2017 1.56pm
I would've thought that an appeal against the refusal of planning permission is almost a dead certainty.

And in any event there is nothing to stop the owners of the building from keeping it empty as at present.

I expect that the story will run and run.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 9 March 2017 2.44pm
The notices about the live-in guardians are still there but they have covered the windows and there are notices up saying the pub is being refurbished and will re-open shortly. These have appeared only in the last couple of days I believe.
Wednesday 24 May 2017 2.22pm
This has now reopened as a pub. I've not been in but it is reported as being fairly spartan, the staircase has gone and the only food is toasted sandwiches. I don't know what the full story is.
Wednesday 24 May 2017 6.25pm
I've not been in, but if there's no first floor pub space, it sounds like they've, at least in part, implemented a plan that was denied on application (http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9069) - what's going on?
Thursday 1 June 2017 2.55pm
A new planning application (very similar to the old one) has been submitted:

https://planning.lambeth.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=OQ1BRZBOJSC00

Tuesday 18 July 2017 7.59pm
The new planning application has also been refused.

Tuesday 18 July 2017 9.32pm
Interesting. But I passed it yesterday, in a bit of a rush, and it appeared to be open (downstairs at least) but looked utterly different. I'm confused!
Sunday 23 July 2017 1.37pm
An appeal has now been lodged against the refusal of the first planning application.

Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: