Tai chi

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
red bus Sunday 13 June 2004 9.35pm
seeking inner peace and calm within blah blah etc etc..

(actually, I just like the idea of exercise I can do in my pyjamas without breaking sweat)

I know you are a groovy bunch of se1-ers - are there any classes you might recommend to one could reasonably be described as a 'beginner' ???

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 13 June 2004 10.03pm by James Hatts.

Advertisement

mac Monday 14 June 2004 11.25am
Hi
there is a beginners class held on Tuesday nights 7.30-9.00 at the Waterloo Action Centre on Baylis Road. It is quite a small class and goes at a fairly slow pace so is easy to pick up
red bus Monday 14 June 2004 3.21pm

Thanks.

Does anyone know what I should wear (only joking about the pyjamas) ?
mac Monday 14 June 2004 3.40pm
tracksuit bottoms, t-shirt.... anything that is loose and comfortable
Roadrunner Monday 14 June 2004 3.47pm
Not those tight leather trousers you were wearing on Thursday night! ;-)
blake Monday 14 June 2004 3.52pm
Pretty sure I saw an ad for "speed tai chi for the busy modern urban loft dweller" somewhere. In the picture they had iPods.
red bus Monday 14 June 2004 10.00pm

did they have leather trousers ?
Lil Wolf Friday 18 June 2004 9.11am
Mac,

Is there a contact number to sign up for the course? Also, do you pay per class or is there a set fee for the whole season?

mac Monday 21 June 2004 11.03am
Hi Li Wolf
you can just turn up at the class and pay as you go - I think it's 4 per class plus a monthly fee. Or if you're keen you can pay annually and it's a bit cheaper. I think you can have the first couple of classes free to see whether you like it or not. For more information you can contact the teacer at london@taoist-tai-chi-gb.org

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions