Death of Danny McCarthy

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 10 February 2017 10.01pm
I was really sad to read of the death of former Cllr and Mayor Danny McCarthy in the latest edition of Southwark News of 09-02-2017 carried on p2 editorial and story on p8

Danny was one of the good guys, very experienced in local politics and until his illness had devoted a lot of his life helping people in Southwark. I will never forget his delight when Community Councils came about, they were his idea originally, the point being to take the Council business direct to the people who would be affected by it, especially planning matters. Presentations occasionally got heated and Danny relished it, nothing phased him.

According to Southwark News he died on 1 January and I am wondering if anyone has any information as to whether his funeral has already taken place or will there be a memorial service?

Many thanks

Related news & features

Zoe
Saturday 11 February 2017 4.09pm
I too was very sad to hear it, he was a lovely guy.

This is from his daughter Tracy:

A heartfelt ‘thank you’ from mum, Danny, Christopher and I for all of your well wishes and fond memories of dad, along with your condolences.

For those who have expressed their wish to attend dad’s funeral the service will take place at Honor Oak Crematorium, Brenchley Gardens, London SE23 3RD on Thursday 16 February at 15:10hrs.

For those who have enquired, floral tributes are to be sent to the funeral home F. A. Albin & Sons - Arthur Stanley House, 52 Culling Road, SE16 2TN before 13:00hrs on the day.

Please feel free to share this with anyone that knew dad that isn’t on Facebook.

Thank you x
Thursday 23 February 2017 11.33am
Labour, Lib Dem and Tory councillors paid tribute to Danny at last night's council assembly:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: