Hasan Kebab Restaurant TBR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Wednesday 22 February 2017 8.08pm
Glad he is ok
Tuesday 14 March 2017 10.45pm
I've always been intrigued by this place. In the 13 years I've lived in the area, I can count the number of customers I've seen inside it on one hand, and I wondered how on earth it could keep going. Always the same guy running it, presumably Mr Hasan himself. More recently I registered that he was moving about with increasing discomfort. Finally - and possibly related to the reason for this thread - Mr Hasan appears to have ceased trading (at least temporarily but maybe for good), but he can still be seen at the back of his premises, sitting at a table eating. Does anyone know his story?
Wednesday 15 March 2017 8.45am
I've lived in the area for 17 year, and I can't concur enough with you for amount of trade that passes through his shop. A local lady once told me that he and his brother won a substantial amount on the lottery a few years ago. There was no reason not to believe her, so maybe he just loves being in the shop.
Wednesday 15 March 2017 9.08am
I've also heard that Mr Hasan had a substantial win, though it was on the pools and not the lottery - this was a long time ago (the win, that is). I hope he is okay.
Wednesday 15 March 2017 1.48pm
Well done all, advertising about a frail old man on his own winning money on the lottery or the pools on a public internet forum.
Wednesday 15 March 2017 1.49pm
Gavin, don't think he got the money? Something to do with the collector not handing in or losing coupon
Wednesday 15 March 2017 2.32pm
Good point kevinruairi. Wasn't thinking. Apologies.
Wednesday 15 March 2017 3.09pm
Yes, the story is that he should have won a lot of money on the pools but the agent pocketed the money and never submitted his form. I can remember it being on the local news many year ago.
Thursday 16 March 2017 10.56am
kevinruairi wrote:
Well done all, advertising about a frail old man on his own winning money on the lottery or the pools on a public internet forum.

Haha

Thing is, I reckon even if he had of received his winnings, he would still be sat in that Kebab shop all these years later. Lovely bloke.
Tuesday 21 March 2017 9.14pm
The story about his pools winnings is interesting but I'm still none the wiser - if indeed he never actually got his hands on the winnings - as to how his perennially empty kebab shop managed to survive for so long. (Compare and contrast to Lebo on NKR, busy at all times of the day and night.) I guess it'll remain one of life's little mysteries...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: