Can anyone recommend a hand car wash?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 15 February 2017 12.25pm
There's quite a few hand car wash places around the SE1 area, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend one.

I've taken my car to the hand car wash at Tesco Dunston Road a couple of times, but they don't do a very good job. They miss bits, and a couple of times I'm sure they've scratched my car. The problem is proving it. The scratches aren't deep and will come out with polish.

The guys at Asda Old Kent Road do a better job, but still not the best.

So, I was wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere that A) does a good job & B) Respects other people's property.

I know I could do it myself for the best results, but I don't always have the time!
Wednesday 15 February 2017 12.49pm
Yep - the one in Southwark Bridge Road, under the railway bridge - Southwark Street end. We've been using them since they opened and have never had any problems.
Wednesday 15 February 2017 2.23pm
I use the one opposite the Tesco on NKR - you have to approach it from Albany Road - always do a great job are quick, English speaking, cheap and you can get your shopping done at Tesco while you wait.

Only downside is the access (via Albany Road) and the exit - you have to turn left towards E&C - though the roundabout isn't far if you actually wanted to go right.
Saturday 18 February 2017 12.51am
Borough road opposite the Duke of York pub. Just excellent
Sunday 19 February 2017 10.04pm
Hi. I agree with Doodlebug1. Haven't used these guys in a while (sold my car) but they were my regular cleaners. Always did a good job. If you thought they'd missed a bit, I think they'd be happy to fix it.
Monday 20 February 2017 12.00pm
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I'll give those places a try.

Much appreciated
Tuesday 21 February 2017 4.58pm
Please don't try the one opposite the Duke of York because it shut down over a year ago.
Having read Colinio's post which, I was so pleased to hear and thought it had reopened, and drove there to get my car washed. Alas it is now a different company and different business so back to Tesco's OKR
Wednesday 22 February 2017 10.41am
Just to clarify, there is a handwash at the Tesco on NKR too, which are not the ones that I use. The ones that @sharonH and I are referring to are on Shorncliffe Road, on the other side of OKR.

I personally have had bad experiences with the Tesco ones. They were the ones I used to use but had such a bad experience that as I drove out, I saw the sign for the shorncliffe road one and thought I'd give them a try. I've stuck with them ever since, cheaper and better service.
Thursday 2 March 2017 7.23am
There's a pretty good one on Hercules road. Never had a problem and cheap at 10 for a saloon. Lots of very fancy cars (porsches, big mercs, bentleys) going in and out too, so they must be doing something right.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network