Mowbray & Stanhope Buildings Redcross Way

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 20 February 2017 5.08pm
Hi I am new to the forum and wondering whether any members lived in Mowbray or Stanhope Buildings in Redcross Way between 1957-1967? If so would appreciate hearing from you.

Advanced thanks.
Friday 3 March 2017 2.37pm
Hello

My Name is Antony Linward
I lived at 109 Nowbray Buildings until about April April 1967

I attended St Saviours

I loved it in the Borough and at St Swviours

I knew Jane Brown Rosalie McCarthy
The Berry Family
The Wisk Family
The Woodall Family

People in St George's

Regards

Tony
Friday 3 March 2017 2.42pm
Hello

My Name is Antony Linward
I lived at 109 Nowbray Buildings until about April April 1967

I attended St Saviours

I loved it in the Borough and at St Swviours

I knew Jane Brown Rosalie McCarthy
The Berry Family
The Wisk Family
The Woodall Family

People in St George's Buildings

Regards

Tony
Friday 3 March 2017 9.20pm
Hi Tony

I too attended St Saviours and later La Salette. I know the Berry family, one of which I have been in contact with in the last few years and knew the Woodhalls and McCarthys. I may know you by appearance, but sadly I cant put a face to the name...may be likewise lol.

Do you remember Ann Malane (think this is the correct spelling) who lived in Mowbray, or may be Mary Cunningham who lived in Stanhope Buildings.? Mary had brothers, one was called John. I am trying to locate her whereabouts.

Would you happen to have any photos of Mowbray that you would consider sharing by email?

Kind regards

Teresa
Friday 3 March 2017 10.56pm
Dear Teresa

I have a couple o photos that include my family but at present they are in storage

I must confess your name seems familiar , i do not recall any of the girls

The girls i recall were

Jackie Armstrong who lived on the front of Red Cross way and had a pet rabbit , her father had a camper van he parked around the back , so in Mowbray terms they must have been affluent

Her friend Karen Wilcox , Lorraine and Debbie Ponting ,Polly Oliver Teresa Macateer Nicky Charalombus ,Alfords , slightly late when they moved there

Jimmy Berry was a childhood friend , he was a bit younger than me , he had an older sister Linda , the father died young Ronnie a very nice man and that shattered the family

The McCarthy family were Derrick and Rosalie , my first love
There was the Daily family , very nice - Paddy and Michael i thing 3 daughters one Irene and one slightly older than me Mary

Turkish boy Hussain Ramadam

I was very happy in the Borough - i cannot understand why so many murderers hailed from there

The people were very neighbourly , no one had anything but most were content , its nice to have a trip down memory lane

Regards

Tony

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: