Bermondsey Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 22 February 2017 2.38pm
Have noticed the Square is looking really shabby lately could do with some TLC but pleased the restaurant has 're opened.
Friday 24 February 2017 8.02pm
I agree.This square is rather soulless. What this square needs is trees. It's too concrete and cold. Trees would give soul to this square.
Sunday 26 February 2017 12.02pm
I jog every morning and have noticed the Square to be very messy litter scattered all over especially seating areas they do have some lovely trees some plants would be nice.
Monday 27 February 2017 5.50pm
I Disagree
There are 13 olive trees, over one hundred various plants around the square,?
Three small concrete areas where bike racks are located, Also I think IT maybe
WINTER ? [Winter can be depressing] But the square becomes more animated in better weather,
There is a bouls court in the centre WITH TWO OLIVES TREES NEXT TO IT,?
The mess around the seated areas are left by members of public that do not bother to use the newly installed bins,
To put more trees in the square it would interfere with the antiques market on fridays, which has been in the square for over 60 years,
Also try jogging through, after the cleaner has cleaned up.
Regards ???
Monday 27 February 2017 7.04pm
I do love the trees but I am slightly baffled by the advice to coordinate my fitness activities around the work schedules of cleaning staff. I only posted on this forum as an observation as a while ago whilst jogging through the alleyway which was strewn with litter, I raised my concerns with a chap whom I understood to be the handyman of the complex as I was more concerned about the health and safety aspects of the matter. I didn't catch his name but he did say (quote) "nothing to do with me the local manager is rubbish -sits in his office all day drinking coffee". Unfortunately it is the general public who has to bear the brunt of such issues.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: