Flat needed for independent film location

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 March 2017 2.54pm
Hi

My name is Nasreen and I am a producer at Secret Garden Pictures, a new independent film production company.

We are currently in pre-production for a low budget short film called Blackout that tells the story of a 15 year old girl struggling to look after her mentally ill mum.

The story is set in the flat of the main characters Grace and Cathy, and as such we are currently trying to source a flat that can be used over 3 days (end of May) for filming.

As we are a new company, we are working to a very tight budget, however we have allocated some of this towards the cost of the flat location and would be happy to discuss.

Should you be, or know someone who is the owner of a flat around the SE1 (we are looking specifically for those on or near estates) and would be interested in allowing us to film in your property, please get in touch blackoutfilmsgp@gmail.com

Thanks

Nasreen
Thursday 2 March 2017 6.10pm
There was a film crew in Perronet House last month, it may be worth checking with their residents association.
Thursday 2 March 2017 11.37pm
Nasreen has given very little away about this production, but you can get a better idea of it here.

If you want to help, ensure that, on top of the location fee, they will cover your electricity costs as lighting for a film can by very expensive, and that they pay a deposit towards any damage that your dwelling may incur as a result.

Be firm on the permitted shooting hours, including the time it takes to set up and take down, and if they want to keep their set dressing up, then they should put you up in a hotel.
Friday 3 March 2017 9.52am
That will be interesting to see. My father was mentally ill, in the fifties and sixties very little help was available. The only medicine was Paraldehyde , surgical was lobotomy. Or Cane Hill mental hospital where we had respite from him when he was taken away in a straight jacket, and he would discharge himself from and get home unfortunately.

When he had bad episodes the whole square knew about it, and arriving home from school in blissful ignorance all the neighbours would be on the landing discussing the latest, ie. The floor show they had just seen!

I was the pacifier , he made me read from his extensive psychoanalysis books, his communist books, other kids read the Beano and Dandy at the age of nine I was reading aloud Mein Kamp, Dianetics Awaken the Giant within (Scientology ) and dragging me to meet his idol Ron l Hubbard ...still at school I was the star pupil in English lessons!
And I've veered off the subject..again. I hope that more concern is shown to children caring for mentally ill family.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: