The Cone has gone.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 29 April 2017 9.33am
The traffic cone which, for the last 30+ years, has sat on top of the railings at the corner of St George's Road and Lambeth Road, by the underground depot, has finally been removed, as they're painting the railings.

I know I will not be alone in feeling a deep sense of personal loss. Should we have a vigil or something?

RIP Coney McConeface.
Sunday 30 April 2017 6.27am
As soon as the paint is dry, I think we should remember this brave little cone with a simple wreath, untill we can persuade the council to honour it with a blue plaque. It may be too soon, but are there any young cones in the area that have the passion and commitment to carry on?
Sunday 30 April 2017 11.29am
I'm intrigued. Any pics?
Sunday 30 April 2017 4.13pm
Sunday 30 April 2017 4.22pm
Sunday 30 April 2017 7.49pm
That cone was the highlight of my day. However it's the Snowflakes I feel for right now, how can they possibly study for their end of year exams and grieve properly over the loss of this magnificent cone which has been a familiar constant in their young lives while living amidst other distractions like politics, forthcoming election, French election and Jeremy Corbyn distract and worry their poor little souls. Petition on Change.org?
Monday 1 May 2017 9.30am
My nearly-seven-year-old son is already planning how to get a new cone up there. We need a strong and stable cone.
Monday 1 May 2017 10.47am
Tried searching for it on Google street view without success.
Monday 1 May 2017 11.16am
Tolstoy wrote:
Tried searching for it on Google street view without success.
It's on street view 2008-2016. You need to position the view as if you were ouside the IWM looking almost directly across at the lampost with the St George's Road sign.
Monday 1 May 2017 11.23am
Those pics I posted are from Google street view!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: