Arthur Hoopers Restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 5 May 2017 2.43pm
They've just opened in Borough Market. Had a fantastic meal here this week...best for a while.

Despite the British name its Catalan styled food, vegetable dishes were especially v tasty and nice well priced wine list. Hope they succeed...they should do.

Just thought I'd pass on the word.
Sunday 7 May 2017 4.31pm
I went for dinner there last night based on your recommendation. We experienced a few teething issues with service but the food was brilliant. Especially liked the selection of cured meats and the grilled mackerel.

The only down side was the music was way too loud. The volume was more appropriate for a bar than a restaurant and it made conversation quite difficult.
Monday 8 May 2017 3.37pm
I agree about the music - I need to take clients to lunch in the Bermondsey area and it's increasingly difficult to find somewhere where we can hear each other talking. Any suggestions?
Monday 8 May 2017 4.08pm
The restaurant at The Hilton, Great Suffolk Street, has (so far) proved very good for meals where you really need to be able to hear one another. Essential when it comes to business meetings.
Monday 8 May 2017 4.12pm
Kris Beuret wrote:
I agree about the music - I need to take clients to lunch in the Bermondsey area and it's increasingly difficult to find somewhere where we can hear each other talking. Any suggestions?

The Boot & Flogger in Redcross Way is pretty good if you want to talk business (unless your name is David Davis!)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: