Millwall

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 8 May 2017 10.42am
Last night I saw my dumb but lovable brother-in-law, a raving Millwall supporter, he was enthusing about their 2-3 win at Scunthorpe, meaning that they're off to Wembley again.
For a joke, I told him that as happy as I was for him that his team had won, I had mixed emotions, as I'd had a £20 win double on Scunthorpe and Macron.
His brows knitted together, I could almost hear the cogs in his brain grinding slowly around, then he finally said, "Macron? What league are they in?"
Monday 8 May 2017 11.44am
To be fair to your brother in law, Macron are the people who make the Millwall kits
Monday 8 May 2017 10.00pm
Calamity wrote:
To be fair to your brother in law, Macron are the people who make the Millwall kits

He has just left my place, he came round to get his sister, (my wife), to order some Wembley tickets on line, for as much as he's a diamond, he's the original technophobe, and would have as much idea of how to visit a website, especially as he doesn't own a computer or tablet, as I would have of flying a space ship.
My wife said to him, "come on Dan, you've had all day to work it out, who's Macron?"
He said, "you can't catch me twice, Tom told me he's the young French geezer who won the election."
She showed him your post, and he said, "never heard of 'em, you and that guy have made it up."
Reminded me of the old adage, 'why keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, when you can open it and prove it beyond all doubt.'
I still want them to win at Wembley though, he's family after all.
Tuesday 9 May 2017 6.57pm
Millwall's partnership with Macron ended May 2016.

Source
Thursday 11 May 2017 1.14pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
"I had mixed emotions, as I'd had a £20 win double on Scunthorpe and Macron.
"

I thought the story was going to be about "How could you bet against Millwall, that's treason?". That would have been fighting talk in the old days. Anyway, what's wrong with a good drop of Macron? I prefer a good Bordeaux myself...... (Cough)!
Thursday 11 May 2017 11.03pm
mickymick wrote:
Millwall's partnership with Macron ended May 2016.
Source

Aaah!! You're correct, should have said the people who used to make the kids, the new kit makers 2016-17 are Errea, but there is a lot of Macron being worn even now ...
One of the things I love about Millwall is the diversity, room for everyone, a very broad church
Saturday 13 May 2017 9.45pm
Lewins wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
"I had mixed emotions, as I'd had a £20 win double on Scunthorpe and Macron.
"

I thought the story was going to be about "How could you bet against Millwall, that's treason?". That would have been fighting talk in the old days. Anyway, what's wrong with a good drop of Macron? I prefer a good Bordeaux myself...... (Cough)!

If this is an "in joke" between you and Tom, and has gone whoosh over my head, then I'm sorry.
But for Macron, did you mean Mâcon, the wine from the Saône river region of Burgundy?
Monday 15 May 2017 11.45am
Yes, tongue in cheek, I did mean the Maconnais area, written in the spirit of the original posting. He referred to confusion over Macron, to which it looks like I have further added. But now after explaining it, perhaps making the connection was a bit stretched, after all. I'm beginning to think that I would get on quite well with Tom's brother-in-law!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: