Drone

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 27 May 2017 3.08pm
Afternoon!
About an hour ago I heard a buzzing noise and looked up to see a drone flying overheard...........it hovered over me for a short while and then sped off towards Old Kent Road gaining height until it disappeared! Very strange - has anyone else seen it? Never seen or heard one in Bermondsey before.
(I live on Grange Road)
Saturday 27 May 2017 4.17pm
Couple years ago, went over the garden in our street, thought it mau have been new owners of house at end checking up on us peasants! Seriously great granddaughter was terrified. Two days this happened, so stuck two fingers up as it was making Isabelle cry.
Saturday 27 May 2017 6.22pm
nikki, you should report it to the poice. It's illegal.
Saturday 27 May 2017 9.21pm
beetroot wrote:
nikki, you should report it to the poice. It's illegal.

It may well have been a police drone: they use them for reconnaissance and surveillance despite the risks to the public (drones falling out of the sky onto people and properties below).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4546756/Manchester-bomber-making-bombs-sub-let-apartment.html
Saturday 27 May 2017 9.45pm
Yes I did think it may have been a police drone, considering how high and far it went - and I didnt see it coming down anywhere......they are very busy currently.
Monday 29 May 2017 6.52pm
There have been a couple of guys flying a drone in Burgess Park. I haven't seen them for a couple of weeks but it is intrusive and irritating and they too kind of follow you with the drone.

They are somehow more creepy than the occassional dad-with-kids just messing about with a drone that are also sometimes there.
Tuesday 30 May 2017 11.33am
Last Thursday evening, a creepy-looking black drone hovered above the south side of Blackfriars Station for at least 20 minutes. We could see it quite clearly from our flat in Burrell Street, several feet above our eye level - we're on the 8th floor. It dropped suddenly and disappeared behind the old Express building on Blackfriars Bridge. Never seen one over London before and it looked like it was perilously close to the flight line of any low flying helicopters.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: