Noise - Ufford St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 30 May 2017 1.22pm
I wondered if anyone else heard the noise (music, shouting, cars and car horns) in the Ufford St area during the night? Any idea where it was emanating from?
Thursday 1 June 2017 11.59pm
I noticed this as I was attending an event at St Johns
3 Males appeared to be chanting Allah etc and passers by seemed to be arguing with them. Did anyone else see anything?

Presumably if a Christian stall set up shouting or preaching etc this would be heavily frowned upon by the authorities
Friday 2 June 2017 10.57am
Paramount wrote:
Presumably if a Christian stall set up shouting or preaching etc this would be heavily frowned upon by the authorities
Just because you make something up, it doesn't make it true.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 2 June 2017 12.02pm
Someone's on a crusade..oh
Friday 2 June 2017 4.16pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Just because you make something up, it doesn't make it true.

:)
Friday 2 June 2017 5.32pm
Paramount wrote:

I take it you don't visit the Elephant & Castle very often: loud and shouty evangelical Christians from a variety of denominations are a serious nuisance to local residents, particularly when shouting into screechy megaphones...

Saturday 3 June 2017 2.13pm
Jules62 wrote:
Paramount wrote:

I take it you don't visit the Elephant & Castle very often: loud and shouty evangelical Christians from a variety of denominations are a serious nuisance to local residents, particularly when shouting into screechy megaphones...

Point taken but they appear to be near Metropolitan Tabernacle also mainstream Christian whereas it might be viewed differently were it outside a Mosque etc?

Saturday 3 June 2017 3.12pm
Paramount wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
Paramount wrote:

Point taken but they appear to be near Metropolitan Tabernacle also mainstream Christian whereas it might be viewed differently were it outside a Mosque etc?

I wouldn't say that was mainstream Christian, but the main thing is, that it's not 12am.

Personally, I would respect anyone's religion and put up with it, that would include Diwali, Passover and the rest of it. I might draw the line with car horns though.

As for "Christians from a variety of denominations are a serious nuisance to local residents, particularly when shouting into screechy megaphones...

Utter B******s, and agenda ridden.
Saturday 3 June 2017 6.36pm
boroughonian wrote:
As for "Christians from a variety of denominations are a serious nuisance to local residents, particularly when shouting into screechy megaphones...
Utter B******s, and agenda ridden.

This from the Strata tower Facebook page (poster's name removed in the interest of privacy):

I have read similar complaints on the Facebook pages of the Draper Estate, and of One The Elephant.
Monday 5 June 2017 2.05pm
Well, that escalated quickly!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: