Traffic through Meadow Row

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 31 May 2017 11.46pm
The last couple of nights/early morning, like now at 12.50 am there is a constant traffic moving through Meadow Row on to NKR dozens and dozens of cars. What can it be? Is there something happening?Not getting much sleep.
Thursday 1 June 2017 7.27am
rimby wrote:
The last couple of nights/early morning, like now at 12.50 am there is a constant traffic moving through Meadow Row on to NKR dozens and dozens of cars. What can it be? Is there something happening?Not getting much sleep.

Ramadan? Worshippers from the mosque in Harper Road? All the streets round here are lined with parked cars late at night at the moment.
Thursday 1 June 2017 7.58am
John C wrote:
rimby wrote:
The last couple of nights/early morning, like now at 12.50 am there is a constant traffic moving through Meadow Row on to NKR dozens and dozens of cars. What can it be? Is there something happening?Not getting much sleep.

Ramadan? Worshippers from the mosque in Harper Road? All the streets round here are lined with parked cars late at night at the moment.

Here's the timetable for today, courtesy of the Birmingham Mail (London times will be slightly different, but the Birmingham Mail gives the useful explanations in English!)

Day 6 (Thursday, June 1)
Suhoor (early morning meal) ends 3.03am
Fajr (prayer) starts 3.03am
Fajr Jamat (prayer assembly) 3.30am
Sunrise 4.51am
Dhuhr (prayer) starts 1.05pm
Dhuhr Jamat (prayer assembly) 1.45pm
Asr (prayer) start 5.27pm
Asr Jamat (prayer assembly) 6pm
Iftar (evening meal) and maghrib (prayer) 9.21pm
Isha (prayer) starts 10.37pm
Isha Jamat (prayer assembly) 11pm
Thursday 1 June 2017 8.05am
Ah, yes, of course. Thank you. I'm fairly new to area and trying to work out the general traffic flow as it seams Meadow Row is used as some kind of cut through. It's a tiny road and on a slight incline coming from Rockingham st and cars accelerate up towards New Kent Road. Noisy at best it time but so much so last few nights. It's impossible to sleep. There is no buffer between my block of flats and the road. Not much of a noise impact assessment done prior to building these HA flats!
Thursday 1 June 2017 11.26am
I think all domestic properties in London should be double glazed, I would have much preferred that than the decent homes project a few years back. There's little escape from noise in Central London.
Thursday 1 June 2017 3.41pm
rimby wrote:
Ah, yes, of course. Thank you. I'm fairly new to area and trying to work out the general traffic flow as it seams Meadow Row is used as some kind of cut through. It's a tiny road and on a slight incline coming from Rockingham st and cars accelerate up towards New Kent Road. Noisy at best it time but so much so last few nights. It's impossible to sleep. There is no buffer between my block of flats and the road. Not much of a noise impact assessment done prior to building these HA flats!

They're probably cars that had parked in Bath Terrace or upper Rockingham Street, rimby.

Probably counts as an Act of God.
Friday 2 June 2017 6.49am
?would it make a difference if you were making assumptions about people going to a Christian church, John C?

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 2 June 2017 7.24am
Ivanhoe wrote:
?would it make a difference if you were making assumptions about people going to a Christian church, John C?

No.

(Sorry, what assumptions am I making?)
Friday 2 June 2017 9.51am
the one that the increase in traffic is due to the mosque

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 2 June 2017 10.48am
Ivanhoe wrote:
the one that the increase in traffic is due to the mosque

Seems a fairly obvious deduction, given the large number of cars parked round here in the evening since Ramadan began, and people getting out of them and walking to the mosque. My assumptions are that they leave again later and that one route out is via Meadow Row. I haven't actually counted them in and counted them out.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network