London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 3 June 2017 9.32pm
Hope all regulars on SE1 site are safe after trouble on London Bridge in last few minutes. Twitter & Radio 5 have reports.

Related news & features

Saturday 3 June 2017 9.40pm
Helicopter flying overhead at the moment (Shad Thames)

Edit: From twitter appears to be some photos of the scene outside the giant 'fish kitchen' advert at Borough Market, outside Lobos Meat and Tapas.
Saturday 3 June 2017 9.47pm
Pictures on BBC News 24 - unsure cause at moment.
Saturday 3 June 2017 10.36pm
Oh my God. Again! My poor poor London.
Saturday 3 June 2017 11.25pm
Sickening
Sunday 4 June 2017 12.34am
Hope everybody from here is safe & well? If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Sunday 4 June 2017 5.47am
Evil is rife at present.Poor souls involved in all these horrific incidents

There is a rumour of possible cancellation of General Election Thursday.

There could be a National Government setup in the meantime surely as we appear to be on a war footing with ISIS
Sunday 4 June 2017 8.06am
It's amazing how near you can be to this stuff when it's going down, and have no idea it's happening.
My wife and I were at a BBQ at Herne Hill, and left at 21.30.
We were not far from North Dulwich station, and my plan was to walk there, take a train to Peckham Rye, then switch to the Overground to Rotherhithe.
My wife demurred at the walk, citing sore feet, personally I think that it was a surfeit of Prosecco, so we waited 5 minutes for a 42 bus.
Alighting by Sainsbury's on Tower Bridge south side, we crossed to The Bridge House for one drink before going around the corner to Tooley Street for a 47, 188, or 381 to Rotherhithe Tunnel.
While in the bar, we received a WhatsApp text from a great-nephew, complaining that the stabbing at London Bridge that he'd heard of on Twitter, was too close to home.
We dismissed it as a usual Saturday night row that had got out of hand, drank up, and got a 188 home, hearing and seeing nothing when looking back down Tooley toward London Bridge.
When we turned on the TV at home, it became apparent what had happened, and we were quite surprised that we'd heard nothing.
Sunday 4 June 2017 8.42am
Those poor people the deceased and the wounded. My poor London. 74 years almost was my home now no longer there but feel heartbroken seeing the carnage on the streets again. Felt very upset over the Westminster outrage and the death of innocent people. But The Borough, London Bridge were my childhood haunts, we played on those streets, we played on the bombsites where Guys stand today, and never in a million years thought people would be killed by people today in acts of war.

It was simpler in WW2..we bombed them...they bombed us...now we have brainwashed zealots who have been promised virgins if they kill in their Gods name. And these wear no uniforms, don't live on different shores , but in a house in your street.

Tony Blair needs to stand trial for his Weapons of Mass Destruction, or should be handed over to Isis.
Waffle over.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: