Solution to Franca Manca pizza boxes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 June 2017 7.54pm
Dear Neighbours.................................... I would ask you to write to Franca Manca to urge them to sort out this problem of pizza boxes littering our local parks. Below is an idea that i had to resolve the increasing issues litter/waste and pizza boxes i our local parks! I hope you might think a good solution:

Dear Sir/Madam

I write with reference to an ongoing problem of litter with you Bermondsey Street Branch. Having spoken today with your branch manager, about the issue of pizza boxes disposed in the local parks incorrectly. I feel the solution tho the ever increasing problem of waste from Franco Manca pizza boxes in both Bermondsey Street /Tanner street park & surrounding local parks is to introduce a loyalty card scheme (similar to those used by all the coffee houses) each pizza box returned receives a loyalty stamp. After a certain number of pizza box have been returned, the client is able to obtain a free pizza.

This would provide a far more cost effective system than introducing additional square bins in the parks to accommodate boxes, incentivise repeat business and be far more eco friendly as recycling of the paper would be specific as opposed to being grouped in general waste in the park. More importantly, Franco Manca would be perceived as trying to resolve a neighbourhood problem.

I would be most grateful if you could kindly respond to my suggestion with your thoughts. I do not believe that re introducing “dispose of box suitably” stickers as an addition to the existing Franco Manca boxes is the solution - adding these stickers will have little effect,it has been tried in the past, is time consuming, and will not incentivise clients not to dispose of waste appropriately.

Having been a resident in the exact vicinity of Bermondsey street for more than 18 years, I remember the park litter free, Franco Manca as a pilates studio, and there is increasing animosity to the brand due to the waste and litter caused by the restaurant. Some locals might go so far as not to eat the pizza out of protest due to the ever increasing levels of rubbish and pizza boxes found locally , especially on sunny days.

I would therefore ask management to seriously consider this suggestion as a potential solution to this litter problem.

Yours faithfully,
Friday 9 June 2017 6.11am
Cue folk wandering around the parks picking up boxes to gain loyalty points.

Seems fair enough.
Friday 9 June 2017 6.17am
Could we do the same for the dog mess to? #justsaying
Friday 9 June 2017 1.30pm
It's a good point actually, but part of me wonders if we could just go back to having park keepers. I wanted to be a park keeper when I grew up, with their little chalet type things.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: