URGENT - Planning Application on Burgess Park edge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 15 June 2017 9.07am
Hi,
Sorry for the very late notice with this but I have only become aware of it myself. Did anyone know there is a live planning application (consultation ended YESTERDAY but the Southwark website states comments may still be considered as they make their decision) which backs right onto the edge of Burgess Park? There aren't any public notices on the property, street or the park.

Reference is 17/AP/1723. Details here - http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk:8190/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=_STHWR_DCAPR_9572741

It's for Parkhouse St (between Wells Way and Southampton Way). It's currently a disused warehouse. The proposal is for a 5 story commercial building on Parkhouse St and a 9 story residential building on the Burgess Park edge. The developer is Southwark, it's one of their quick win sites. Will provide 32 new flats with 10 social and 2 intermediate but they want to build it right on the boundary of the park with the flats overlooking the park.

I'd be gutted if they were able to do this. It would set the precedent of building monstrosities right on the park. Please take a look and comment if you feel appropriate. Thanks.
Friday 16 June 2017 8.44pm
Saw today, lunch time, that a Southwark Planning notice has finally been put up on the lamp post outside the property. Pity it wasn't there for the consultation period of the application.
Tuesday 20 June 2017 1.28am
This is absolutely typical of LBS, they're so arrogant, aggressive and downright devious, these toxic Councillors have to go! They're trying to break us down.
What's happening in the south, the 3 Cemeteries are being attacked perpetuating
a war on nature and the soldiers who are sleeping, what the Council is doing,
is ensuring they died in vain. (www.save southwarkwoods.org.uk) will give you all the news, they really don't give a damn about us! To think they died for the Councillors and 'our tomorrow'!!!

It's more than an 'ego thing', they're clearly proving they're not fit for purpose!

What profits a man that he gains the whole world and loses his soul?

Very sad Southwark resident,
Stephanie
Wednesday 21 June 2017 6.04am
What's wrong with building housing facing on to a park? I'm at a loss to understand what the objection is.
Wednesday 21 June 2017 9.25am
This is an SE1 forum group Burgess Park is not in SE1 (except the entrance on the Old Kent Road)
Wednesday 21 June 2017 11.06am
That might be right, Dave, but, for lots of people living in SE1, Burgess Park is the closest park. I live in SE1 and use it semi-regularly.

Personally I don't have too much of an objection to what is being proposed - let's not forget how the park was created in the first place - but all credit to SE1 Newbies for raising the planning app to make people aware of its existence.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: