Pimlico Plumbers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 20 June 2017 2.14pm
Sorry to hear about this dreadful experience Maurits. You honestly relied on "experts" and you were taken advantage of. I guess bad publicity on forums will hurt them in their pockets eventually...
Made me think I need to change jobs, 800 a day, that's 16,000 a month. Wondering what they charge at the weekend...
Tuesday 20 June 2017 4.05pm
A lot of their plumbers are on well over 100k a year, there was one of those fly-on-the-wall documentaries about them a while back. The owner Charlie Mullins evidently believes there's no such thing as bad publicity, he's always in the paper or on the radio.
Wednesday 21 June 2017 10.54am
I could go on and on about Pimlico Plumbers but all I will say is DO NOT USE THEM
Thursday 22 June 2017 12.13am
connie wrote:
Made me think I need to change jobs, 800 a day, that's 16,000 a month. Wondering what they charge at the weekend...

You could be right connie. Last Sunday evening I saw one of their vans parked in a residents parking bay in Park Street with 3 parking tickets on the windscreen. Of course, the fines are just peanuts to those on that type of salary.
Thursday 22 June 2017 4.47pm
Their name is a good reason enough for not using them. They are based in Lambeth, why don't they change the name? Ashamed of being south of the river?
It's not like there is any value in their brand: actually given the reviews changing the name would be good...
Thursday 22 June 2017 9.31pm
I had PP come fix the boiler in my flat almost 10 years ago. The PCB had a fault which meant it blew the fuse. It didn't take long for the PP engineer to exhaust his stock of three spare fuses, so he informed me he was going out to buy some more. B&Q was only 15 minutes away so I have no idea why he was gone for 2 hours, however he charged me (well, my landlord) for the whole journey so I hope he enjoyed the detour.

The 250 paid for a single shower, then the boiler refused to come on and had to be replaced.

Have never thought about using them since.
Monday 26 June 2017 1.52pm
Terrible story. I had a similar experience with PP. They gave me the same money-grubbing obfuscations about "trying to find parts" - at my expense of course. In the end they never brought the correct part, did a botch job and charged me anyway for something which broke weeks later. I then got onto Darren Hanratty, following a recommendation on here, and he sorted it for me permanently for half their money. Tried taking action with PP but they're obviously well used to complaints and I didn't have the funds to take it further.
Tuesday 8 August 2017 10.04am
I used Pimlico Plumbers to take a look at a faulty boiler. My tenant met the Service man at 7.30 and he then called me at 8:07 to explain the problem. So I need a new boiler! He wanted to charge 3,800. After 5 calls back to me (I never called him once) he got this down to 3,300. I then called other plumbers in the area and got it easily to 1,200 inc VAT. So I'll use them instead.

I got an invoice from Pimlico Plumbers for 228. That is for 40 minutes of diagnostic work. If you want to pay this kind of money and this seems reasonable to you, then by all means use Pimlico Plumbers.

The customer service team called me and I tried to negotiate but they just wanted to explain why the charge was justified.

40 minutes work 228 is a rip off. These are facts!!! I have the invoice in front of me as I write this.

Phone around, there are better and much much cheaper.

Peter
Wednesday 9 August 2017 9.29am
I have been working in some very nice private residential blocks recently, not quite SE1 but close. People would be amazed at how many PP vans are parked up in the car parks of these blocks, residents, not contracting.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: