Elephant & Castle Pub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 17 June 2017 4.15pm
I popped into the pub a little while ago and asked them very nicely if they would clean the pavement (now and then) where punters stand outside the pub drinking and smoking as it is beginning to look really gross with beer etc and other stains. I was met with a very negative response and comments like "it's not our responsibility, it's the council.' I pointed out that the nearby Rockingham Arms clean the outside pavement every morning prior to opening for the day. Seriously, some hot water and a brush for a couple of minutes. Whatever happened to keeping goodwill with local residents. Very disappointed at the attitude.
Saturday 17 June 2017 6.33pm
Good point: even if it is Southwark's remit to keep the streets clean, it is only common sense for a publican to undertake measures aimed towards ensuring a pleasant and welcoming exterior to their establishment.

It takes little time, is good for the pub's overall appearance, and can only lead to more people venturing inside.

Also, given that the Elephant & Castle pub has a beer garden with seating and ashtrays, it would seem logical for the management to actively encourage its patrons to use it when they feel like having a cig, instead of hanging out by the front entrance.
Monday 19 June 2017 3.40pm
It's run by the antic pub company who have a shocking record of cleanliness.
They had their kitchen shut down recently in Catford by that fussy garden ornament & his mate, elf & safety.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network