Noise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 19 June 2017 9.52pm
Summer is here and once more we residents are subjected to the annual onslaught of noisy motor bikes and souped car engines. No police around to deal with these things of course .what does one do?
Monday 19 June 2017 10.39pm
Paramount wrote:
Summer is here and once more we residents are subjected to the annual onslaught of noisy motor bikes and souped car engines. No police around to deal with these things of course .what does one do?

The police are concentrating on more pressing matters, methinks.
Monday 19 June 2017 10.50pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:

The recent terrorist outrages at Westminster, London Bridge, and Seven Sisters all involved vehicles being driven at speed, with the consequent noise generated by revving engines.

I would venture that reports of loud engines are exactly what the police should be investigating...
Monday 19 June 2017 11.05pm
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:

The recent terrorist outrages at Westminster, London Bridge, and Seven Sisters all involved vehicles being driven at speed, with the consequent noise generated by revving engines.

I would venture that reports of loud engines are exactly what the police should be investigating...

Oh please, exactly how do the police investigate reports of 'loud engines', when by the time the noise is reported as a nuisance the vehicle or bike is long since gone, or if it's a speeding vehicle the damage is done almost before anyone can react.

The bike noise in particular is intrusive but most of the drivers / riders are merely attention seeking, willy-waving idiots generating noise because they can....
Monday 19 June 2017 11.14pm
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:

Hm, yes, the terrorist's M.O. so far seems to involve hired vans rather than motorbikes or cars with souped up engines. Paramount didn't express any concern along those lines either in his post.
Tuesday 20 June 2017 12.20pm
Have to agree, those attention seeking idiot motor cyclists are a damn nuisance.
Wednesday 21 June 2017 9.05am
Years ago my son a motorbike nut used to be pulled up by motorbike officers who told him in no uncertain terms to fit a ' baffler' to quieten the roar down. Does that still apply now with bikes?
Wednesday 21 June 2017 3.05pm
I think that still does apply officially yes Jan. To Edward Woodward I sub consciously did have in mind the evil perpetuated recently in London etc
Wednesday 21 June 2017 4.20pm
Iím a motorcycle nut too (non attention seeking I might add) and get frustrated by some of the morons that ride around, as do most decent biker types.

Yep bikes should have a decent exhaust system, itís part of the MOT, but I wonder how may of the bikes causing a nuisance are actually legal and if the riders even have a license.

Thereís a real problem in London with motorcycle / scooter related crime, both idiots riding around stealing phones and gangs of guys riding around mainly on scooters stealing high powered bikes. They break the locks, sometimes even using portable angle grinders and ride away with the bike wedged between two scooters. Itís then sold on with cloned number plates or stripped for spares. Iíve seen this happen in the SE1 area a few times now. Depending on who you listen to the Police donít care or theyíre under resourced and canít tackle the issue. Another point is they are advised not to pursue these bikes and scooters if thereís the possibility of an accident, so they donít bother. Some of the scooter riders take their helmets off when theyíre being chased as they know that the police have to stop. A quick google search will find you lotís of frustrating news stories and youtube clips.

No idea what the answer to the problem is but cutting police numbers canít be helping.
Wednesday 21 June 2017 11.10pm
Thanks for this Michael P. Appreciate your comments

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: