Bermondsey Spa

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
George IV
Tuesday 14 May 2002 10.51am
Given that the Elephant redevelopment has now gone down the pan, can we hope that the Bermondsey Spa one also goes belly up?
Tuesday 14 May 2002 11.16am
Are you George IV former King of England come back as a spook to haunt SE1?
Tuesday 14 May 2002 11.29am
What's the Bermondsey Spa development? Do you have more details or know where I can find them?
George IV
Tuesday 14 May 2002 11.57am
There is a lovely park called Bermondsey Spa (on the corner of Spa Road and Grange Road).

Southwark decided they want to redevelop the area, which on the face of it isn't so bad as some of the estates around there need, shall we say, a splash of paint.

However, the plans also involve massacring the lovely park which is totally unnecessary to anyone apart from property developers.

I was rather hoping the plans may have gone down the pan along with the Elephant plans.

And no, I'm perfectly alive. I know this because I am. Or is it because I think?
Tuesday 14 May 2002 12.44pm
Now I know why Southwark has let the tiny childrens swing park deteriorate even further it's because of the developers.

This part of the borough always seems to be last when it comes to small childrens interest. Take a walk down there and see where the parents are supposed to let their children play.....health and safety does not exist...
Tuesday 14 May 2002 1.00pm
on the same note, can anyone direct me to info on the Bricklayers Arms plans/proposals?
thanks
L
Tuesday 14 May 2002 1.27pm
well, if you want to join me in the Beehive tonight you can ask one of the gentleman involved, a Mr Peter Nicholson
who has very kindly agreed to come down and explain it to this old fogey...about 6.30-70pm Beehive Pub Bartholomew Street, which is near the tall old houses near St.Saviours school.at start of flyover New Kent Road.

I had posted under the Bricklayers Arms bit.....
Tuesday 14 May 2002 1.53pm
Yes, Thanks Jan I saw that - but I was looking for the "published" report by TfL mentioned by a few people on this forum ; I've tried the TfL website but there's no mention of it, and since the forum asks us to vote on it I thought there might be an article or link. will see if I can get out of work on time tonight but doubt my Merc driving employer would be sympathetic to the concerns of a cycling employee....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: