Blackfriars Bridge bus stop closure

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 23 June 2017 12.56pm
Yesterday on 45 bus rang bell to alight by Doggets coat badge pub..bus didn't stop and no announcement saying bus not stopping next scheduled stop etc. Why? I will take this up with Abellio the bus company. After retracing my steps over the cycle lanes still in place noticed pedestrian access to aforesaid bus stop cut off by some permanent looking metal barriers. If disabled or blind person was on that bus how on earth would they know what was happening and the inconvenience associated.
If this is connected with terrorist threats surely a small gap could be allowed for bus users access?
Friday 23 June 2017 3.14pm
I found that out yesterday, having planned my route from Tooley Street to Mt. Pleasant, expecting to take the 45 on BB but having to walk across instead...
Friday 23 June 2017 4.57pm
Just told bus company is Go Ahead Merton high St not Abellio. Apologies
Friday 23 June 2017 6.46pm
Paramount wrote:
If this is connected with terrorist threats surely a small gap could be allowed for bus users access?

Yes, it looks as if it's the 'terrorist' barriers that block access to the bus-stop - and similarly the southbound stop at the north end of the bridge. I guess the bus company isn't any happier about it than their passengers are. TfL are the people to contact, I imagine.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: