Shame, that...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Zoe
Thursday 6 July 2017 9.52pm
It shows that even d*ckheads can do great things. He's still a hero for what happened at London Bridge, it doesn't detract from that but his behaviour is disgraceful and I was distressed watching the video (and I didn't turn on the sound as I knew it would be awful). Also, he nearly gets his dogs killed with his behaviour. Let's hope he gets some insight.
Friday 7 July 2017 8.46am
Yes, it is a shame, but when the Borough Market attack was first reported I had mixed feelings about the alleged "Blank you, I'm Millwall" utterance.
My initial feeling was of head shaking sadness, this was the kind of cry I'd expect to hear from a Den hooligan, aimed at an opposing fan, but here was the media, likening it to Shakespeare's Henry V speech, "Once more unto the breach dear friends, or close the wall up with our english dead."
Coupled with that feeling, was one of sneaking admiration, if the newspaper reports were true, (and I'm cynical enough to sometimes disbelieve the date at the top of the page in some of our rags), the guy had stood up to crazed jihadi knifemen.
Granted, the thought occurred that Mr. Larner had been swayed into action by a surfeit of alcohol, had he been stone cold sober, his Bermondsey bravado may not have bubbled to the surface, but again, if we're to believe the reports, he had stood against them anyway.
What to make of it all now? It might be better to just let time erase it all from our memories.
Friday 7 July 2017 9.31am
Ah him. I've seen him around the E&C, always with a bit of attitude. Some people just make life difficult for themselves.
Friday 7 July 2017 1.42pm
A Millwall supporter is evil racist ugly filth. Gosh what a total surprise. Who would ever have thought it?
Saturday 8 July 2017 10.08am
beetroot wrote:
A Millwall supporter is evil racist ugly filth. Gosh what a total surprise. Who would ever have thought it?

As a person of colour, this type of sweeping generalization you have just made makes me as angry as the generalizations a racist would make. I know a variety of Millwall supporters and they are not racist, some coloured, some not and yes some are but we're all old enough now to know we're not all cut from the same cloth.

At the end of the day, at that specific point in time his actions more than likely saved other people from being murdered. And if he is racist, who cares ??. What would you say at the time if his actions had defended or bought you or your child some time to escape, said " oh no, can't have that, sorry".

Remember bravery is also a virtue, wether or not under the influence, wether a racist or not
Saturday 8 July 2017 10.47am
[quote jinkazama][quote beetroot] And if he is racist, who cares ??[/quote]

Victims of racism and those affected by racism care. Of which there are still far, far too many.
Saturday 8 July 2017 10.50am
jinkazama wrote:
beetroot wrote:

As a person of colour, this type of sweeping generalization you have just made makes me as angry as the generalizations a racist would make.

A Millwall supporter would say: "No one likes us, we don't care".
Saturday 8 July 2017 11.38am
jinkazama wrote:
beetroot wrote:

As a person of colour, this type of sweeping generalization you have just made makes me as angry as the generalizations a racist would make. I know a variety of Millwall supporters and they are not racist, some coloured, some not and yes some are but we're all old enough now to know we're not all cut from the same cloth.

At the end of the day, at that specific point in time his actions more than likely saved other people from being murdered. And if he is racist, who cares ??. What would you say at the time if his actions had defended or bought you or your child some time to escape, said " oh no, can't have that, sorry".

Remember bravery is also a virtue, wether or not under the influence, wether a racist or not

Several rubbish points there but the main one being the usual response to a comment that is generally true- that it's a generalisation.
Saturday 8 July 2017 12.00pm
as opposed to your rubbish attitude and spelling. You strike me as the sort of person who would have done nothing..... a coward. And that's a not a generalization.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: