Bike MOT

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 17 June 2004 1.49pm
Anyone know of a motorcycle MOT testing station in SE1?
Thursday 17 June 2004 4.36pm

There is one just across the border (and I mean by 200ft) in SE11 towards the top end of Kennington Road, next to the Imperial War Museum park and opposite the flash Thai restaurant.

Thursday 17 June 2004 4.37pm
I know where you mean. Thanks Loafer.
Friday 18 June 2004 9.07am
Also, there's a bike garage right opposite the BP filling station (that I always call the "Taxi Garage" because loads of cabbies use it) just 200 yds on from Ollies (?Gt Suffolk St?/ corner of Union St).

(They definitely do tyres, but ) I'm not sure if it's a testing station. It only does bikes and there's always lots parked outside (and they seem to work 7 days a week).

If you're inclined, maybe you could put up some comments about wherever you do go. I'll be looking for somewhere local for some servicing soon.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 18 June 2004 9.43am
I will Ivanhoe. Up to now the most dilligent and reliable bike mechanic I've found is Ken Johnson at Kick Start down in Lee. I've been using Scooterworks on Enid Street (and Lower Marsh) because it's local and I've got to know Craig who runs it but they can be a bit slack sometimes. Mind you , if you ever need to know anything about the innards of a vintage Italian scooter Craig seems to be able to accurately diagnose problems by standing next to the machine. Nice coffee in the shop too.
Friday 18 June 2004 11.06am
LOL bloke

Monday 21 June 2004 1.54pm
Well, it passed. Apologies for not finding an SE1 MOT station though. In the end I went back to Kickstart in Lee because my Dad lives around the corner and I thought I might need to spend the afternoon tinkering. It's not so far though and he knows his stuff. If anyone does ever come across a bike MOT station please post it up here.
Monday 21 June 2004 1.55pm

Monday 21 June 2004 3.37pm

Are "blake" & "bloke" one and the same then?!

Monday 21 June 2004 3.38pm
Well, they share a bike. They could just be frugal.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: