clothing alterations!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 26 July 2017 1.01pm
Hello all! In need of blazer sleeves shortening, and have come a cropper with poor tailors in the past doing hatchet jobs - any recommendations in SE1 for a competent well priced adjustment tailor?!

Many thanks!
Wednesday 26 July 2017 1.46pm
I've just had the sleeves of an off-the-shelf suit jacket shortened ("I'm not a gorilla") at the mobile phone repair/dry cleaner/clothing alterations/massage and beauty treatment parlour on The Cut near the Young Vic.

They offered me a choice of shortening at the cuff or rebuilding the shoulders (the more expensive choice) and did an excellent job of the latter. I've used them in the past to let out trousers when they've shrunk in the wardrobe, and they did a good job then.

I can recommend them and have no connection other than being a satisfied customer.
Wednesday 26 July 2017 1.48pm
excellent, thanks very much, thats exactly what ill be looking to do!
Wednesday 26 July 2017 9.30pm
I've used the same people who have been incredibly efficient - and patient - about rescuing and patching an ancient jacket, speedy shortening of son's new trousers, and emergency crotch repairs on the trousers of husband's only suit, highly recommend
Thursday 27 July 2017 11.06am
My wife has used a place up by London Bridge Station who she says are excellent - but I don't know the name of it.

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: