Another stressful disruptive weekend

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 12
Saturday 29 July 2017 3.58pm
More push bikes and their assorted paraphernalia descend yet again on hapless helpless it appears Central London. Last week traffic free Regent Street etc coincided with South Eastern rail works shutdown.. The lack of coordinated organisation is truly mind boggling. When will the authorities realise that these actions do not stop essential buses and motor cars etc ...it merely displaces them with the effect that SE1 roads etc are clogged with motor vehicles and bikes on pavements and woe betide any unsuspecting pedestrian attempting to dip their toe in the water or cross at The Cut official crossing by Tesco Express is in danger of being mowed down by heavy traffic or cannot even see the where the crossing is as a vehicle is usually sat squarely on it. .This is a road traffic offence and police should be far more active in defending the rights of pedestrians to cross the road safely at all times so TFL go back to the drawing board as these hare brained cracked pot ideas! Horns and noisy radios are part of the equation natural!y
Saturday 29 July 2017 10.28pm
Waterloo: A bus park, with short-stopped double deckers just idling, no info on the south-bound dot matrices, and a lot of confused people trying to get away.
On the trains, actually got trapped by bikes on SWT and had to do some minor gymnastics to get out at Wimbledon.
This is what happens when the Mayor turns a working city into a weekend theme park .It is an embarrassment to Londoners to leave organisation of these corporate jamborees in TfLs' hands.

Knocking out bridges and disrupting transport.The IRA used to do that in the 80s- but at least you got a polite phone warning.

Ride Out of London.
Saturday 29 July 2017 11.14pm
Absolutely. plus helicopters were hovering overhead most of the day. How much are all these bonanzas costing?
Sunday 30 July 2017 12.16pm
Let's call them Mickey Mouse Disney Fantasy Land weekends run by The Mayor etc
Sunday 30 July 2017 12.56pm
On a positive note: Victoria Embankment without cars yesterday was fantastic.
Sunday 30 July 2017 1.00pm
antonyb wrote:
The IRA used to do that in the 80s- but at least you got a polite phone warning.

Oh dear. There should be a Godwin's law for that kind of comment.
Sunday 30 July 2017 5.55pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

Oh dear. There should be a Godwin's law for that kind of comment.

Seconded. Comments like that are an embarrassment. There was ample notification of the event around the city and its been happening for four years now. Nobody seems to get themselves all hot and bothered the same way about the marathon. Usual right wing anti cyclist hatred packaged in a different way.
Sunday 30 July 2017 6.16pm
Don't like marathon either. When I first arrived in London 1971 not aware of officially sanctioned disrupt tion etc. .Long sufferu g residents and bus drivers etrc I say. The incidentally I am not right left or anything in between. I judge each issue as it presents itself tome
Sunday 30 July 2017 8.06pm
Shall we keep on point without the Ad Hominem?

Irony is difficult perhaps to convey, and I apologise if it has been misunderstood, and it would be a shame if utterly mistaken cold-reads about another members' imputed politics were to hi-jack the OPs' thread .

Thankyou
Sunday 30 July 2017 10.47pm
antonyb wrote:
Irony is difficult perhaps to convey...

Well I laughed at it, the tongue-in-cheek was fairly clear.

For all the ample notification, I still had no idea what was going on to cause the bonkers traffic. The marathon is an order of magnitude larger in publicity, so I think more people know not to bother driving anywhere near zone 1. I'm still not sure what the event was, to be honest.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network