Another stressful disruptive weekend

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 12
Friday 4 August 2017 11.05am
Hi Phil,
I got that "Common Law, right to travel", from the attached website.
Feel free to pick it to pieces, I know that I can trust you to do it fairly, and with your customary panache.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/common_law_right_to_travel_5?utm_campaign=alaveteli-experiments-87&utm_content=sidebar_similar_requests&utm_medium=link&utm_source=whatdotheyknow
Friday 4 August 2017 1.19pm
Coming into the thread a bit late, as a non car owner and dreadful driver when I was, where does Road Tax go to then? I honestly thought it contributed to repairs to roads, maintainence etc.?
Friday 4 August 2017 1.38pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Coming into the thread a bit late, as a non car owner and dreadful driver when I was, where does Road Tax go to then? I honestly thought it contributed to repairs to roads, maintainence etc.?

Short answer: general taxation. Longer answer: The BBC explains Road Tax
Friday 4 August 2017 4.30pm
Jan the old one wrote:
where does Road Tax go to then? I honestly thought it contributed to repairs to roads, maintainence etc.?

It goes nowhere Jan, because no-one pays it. It ceased to exist in 1937.
Friday 4 August 2017 5.32pm
And vehicle excise tax re motorists etc whereas cyclists have completely free ride in essence especially with the Santander scheme. And in today's hectic London traffic surely it is more VIP than ever to display vehicle
or implement registration badges for a point of witness.

Cotswolds 12
Friday 4 August 2017 10.26pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
Hi Phil,
Feel free to pick it to pieces, I know that I can trust you to do it fairly, and with your customary panache.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/common_law_right_to_travel_5?utm_campaign=alaveteli-experiments-87&utm_content=sidebar_similar_requests&utm_medium=link&utm_source=whatdotheyknow

Thanks for the link, Tom.

It's after dinner, and I've spent five hours travelling home from work today, so I'm not as sharp as sometimes but, looking at that stuff, it looks like the petitioner is asserting the common law right, but that the responses (eg 87608 Kenneth Heskin.pdf) point out the permissory nature of the license, and add extra responsibilities to tax the vehicle as appropriate.

I can't see that they confirm they confirm the 'common law' right that 'Kenneth Heskin' asserts, nor any other right. Have I missed something?
Friday 4 August 2017 11.15pm
Rambling Phil wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
Hi Phil,

It's after dinner, and I've spent five hours travelling home from work today, so I'm not as sharp as sometimes but, looking at that stuff, it looks like the petitioner is asserting the common law right, but that the responses (eg 87608 Kenneth Heskin.pdf) point out the permissory nature of the license, and add extra responsibilities to tax the vehicle as appropriate.

I can't see that they confirm they confirm the 'common law' right that 'Kenneth Heskin' asserts, nor any other right. Have I missed something?

You're kidding right?
This is where I play the "Wot me guv? card, I'm just a dumb ex-taxi driver, ask boroughonian or Paramount, I took you guys to be the brains around here, oh and ZoŽ too.
Saturday 5 August 2017 9.23am
Paramount wrote:
....etc whereas cyclists have completely free ride in essence especially with the Santander scheme. And in today's hectic London traffic surely it is more VIP than ever to display vehicle

Huh? You pay for using those Santander bikes, no? It's not the user's concern what happens with that money. Apart from that - registration badges/some kind of recognisable number plate for bicycles are a definite must.
Saturday 5 August 2017 12.47pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
....etc whereas cyclists have completely free ride in essence especially with the Santander scheme. And in today's hectic London traffic surely it is more VIP than ever to display vehicle

Huh? You pay for using those Santander bikes, no? It's not the user's concern what happens with that money. Apart from that - registration badges/some kind of recognisable number plate for bicycles are a definite must.

That's fighting talk eDWaRD, I like your style, and you're talking my language, however, when the lieutenant blows his whistle for us to go "over the top", if it's okay with you, can I walk closely behind you, using your body as a human shield?
Poking the cyclists hornet nest is great fun, their sting is ineffectual, nay, non-existent, but the annoying buzzing sounds that usually ensue when they're disturbed can be maddening.
Saturday 5 August 2017 1.43pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
Rambling Phil wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
Hi Phil,

You're kidding right?
This is where I play the "Wot me guv? card, I'm just a dumb ex-taxi driver, ask boroughonian or Paramount, I took you guys to be the brains around here, oh and ZoŽ too.

Mange Tout!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network