Another stressful disruptive weekend

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 12
Saturday 5 August 2017 4.30pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
That's fighting talk eDWaRD, I like your style, and you're talking my language, however, when the lieutenant blows his whistle for us to go "over the top", if it's okay with you, can I walk closely behind you, using your body as a human shield?
Poking the cyclists hornet nest is great fun, their sting is ineffectual, nay, non-existent, but the annoying buzzing sounds that usually ensue when they're disturbed can be maddening.

He only does it to annoy,
Because he knows it teases.
For he can thoroughly enjoy
The cycling when he pleases!

(With apologies to Lewis Carroll.)
Saturday 5 August 2017 7.51pm
Well I have had most interesting conversations with black cab drivers especially but apologise as wasn't aware of the Boris bike or Santander charge ..I really thought they were free. I don't see any menu listing charges conditions bike hire etc as with cycle shops naturally
Saturday 5 August 2017 8.04pm
Zoe wrote:
It's odd that people presume they have the right to drive in central London
. Or the right to perform wheelies etc on pavements. What fun of course!
Cotswolds 12
Saturday 5 August 2017 8.17pm
Walking is a natural exercise gifted to the majority of people from birth but cycling? It has changed from a harmless pastime and possibly alternative as something quite alarming..which I avoid like the plague if I can. You can see a vehicle approach you but not always a cyclist but cab still be injured etc by the same no?
Saturday 5 August 2017 9.09pm
boroughonian wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
Rambling Phil wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
Hi Phil,
I got that "Common Law, right to travel", from the attached website.
Feel free to pick it to pieces, I know that I can trust you to do it fairly, and with your customary panache.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/common_law_right_to_travel_5?utm_campaign=alaveteli-experiments-87&utm_content=sidebar_similar_requests&utm_medium=link&utm_source=whatdotheyknow

Thanks for the link, Tom.

It's after dinner, and I've spent five hours travelling home from work today, so I'm not as sharp as sometimes but, looking at that stuff, it looks like the petitioner is asserting the common law right, but that the responses (eg 87608 Kenneth Heskin.pdf) point out the permissory nature of the license, and add extra responsibilities to tax the vehicle as appropriate.

I can't see that they confirm they confirm the 'common law' right that 'Kenneth Heskin' asserts, nor any other right. Have I missed something?

You're kidding right?
This is where I play the "Wot me guv? card, I'm just a dumb ex-taxi driver, ask boroughonian or Paramount, I took you guys to be the brains around here, oh and ZoŽ too.

Mange Tout!

Pourquoi "mange tout"? Comprends pas, est-ce que vous Ítes Del Boy?
Sunday 6 August 2017 11.29am
Come on Tom, you cannot have it both ways.
One minute you're a "dumb ex taxi driver", (your words), the next minute you're spouting virtually fluent French, even extending to the colloquialism of dropping the pronoun je, and the first negative ne, from Je ne comprends pas, (I do not understand).
In just saying comprends pas, virtually 'don't know', are you sure that your cab didn't have a roof sign of TAXI PARISIEN?
Sunday 6 August 2017 2.49pm
Just a little note on the pollution point made very early in this discussion.

http://road.cc/content/news/227193-prudential-ridelondon-2017-highs-and-lows
Sunday 6 August 2017 11.57pm
But it proves nothing. It is Putney High Street which was closed to traffic. If you ban traffic, pollution goes down. Doh! We need to see what it looked liked in the roads around Battersea which was a car park.
Monday 7 August 2017 1.02am
I had to travel from Blackfriars to the Angel this eve, it took the 63 30 mins just to get across the bridge, but what a fantastic event the Marathon was, with all these running pedestrians being able to take to the streets without being bothered by any vehicles, whatever the number of their wheels. I was inspired and got off the bus and walked, arriving 20 minutes late at my appointment, but who cares, the person I was meeting didn't. Walking is the future.
Monday 7 August 2017 1.33am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
I had to travel from Blackfriars to the Angel this eve, it took the 63 30 mins just to get across the bridge, but what a fantastic event the Marathon was, with all these running pedestrians being able to take to the streets without being bothered by any vehicles, whatever the number of their wheels. I was inspired and got off the bus and walked, arriving 20 minutes late at my appointment, but who cares, the person I was meeting didn't. Walking is the future.

You should have tubed it...

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network