Another stressful disruptive weekend

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Current: 8 of 12
Zoe
Monday 7 August 2017 9.51pm
The low flying helicopter over us for several hours was also very annoying. Am disappointed at the lack of moaning about the road closures or the helicopter. Did no one feel my pain?
Monday 7 August 2017 10.23pm
Zoe wrote:
The low flying helicopter over us for several hours was also very annoying. Am disappointed at the lack of moaning about the road closures or the helicopter. Did no one feel my pain?
. Totally agree re helicopters in general and yesterday was extremely stressful.. I did speak to police and the chopper disappeared like magic...it was a pain indeed trying to ruin our sunny Sunday rest day supposedly...I heard the radio announce the event so decided to spend part of the pleasant day in the West End which was tranquil n quiet compared to this vibrant Southbank.area yesterday
Monday 7 August 2017 10.34pm
Prove what?????? 51 is a majority!!

Cotswolds 12
Monday 7 August 2017 10.37pm
Paramount wrote:
Well I have had most interesting conversations with black cab drivers especially but apologise as wasn't aware of the Boris bike or Santander charge ..I really thought they were free. I don't see any menu listing charges conditions bike hire etc as with cycle shops naturally

Saw menu today Free half hour or two quid a day
Monday 7 August 2017 10.45pm
Paramount wrote:
Nah, it's unfinished business.
Monday 7 August 2017 10.57pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
. Dream on. Out us out!!! Rule Britannia!!!! Come in Last night of Proms! Sock it to them. Follow that
Monday 7 August 2017 11.16pm
Paramount wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
. Dream on. Out us out!!! Rule Britannia!!!! Come in Last night of Proms! Sock it to them. Follow that
What are you on about?
Tuesday 8 August 2017 8.37am
Thanks Zoe - I was determined not to be the first! We definitely felt the pain. The helicopter hovered over the south side of Blackfriars Station, directly in front of our flat in Burrell Street, for almost six hours. It moved away every so often (obviously just to annoy the hell out of someone else) and each time we thought it had gone but, no, back it came. Very painful. It didn't appear to be filming and it wasn't the police, so no idea what the purpose was. Who, exactly, can we / should we complain to when this happens? I didn't think it would be a police matter, but what do I know?!
Tuesday 8 August 2017 9.07am
suziq wrote:
Thanks Zoe - I was determined not to be the first! We definitely felt the pain. The helicopter hovered over the south side of Blackfriars Station, directly in front of our flat in Burrell Street, for almost six hours. It moved away every so often (obviously just to annoy the hell out of someone else) and each time we thought it had gone but, no, back it came. Very painful. It didn't appear to be filming and it wasn't the police, so no idea what the purpose was. Who, exactly, can we / should we complain to when this happens? I didn't think it would be a police matter, but what do I know?!

I wrote to Simon Hughes about this a few years back,. I got a nice reply from him and was copied into correspondence between him and the CAA.
There doesn't seem to be many restrictions for helicopter use, time of day/night/morning is irrelevant.
Tuesday 8 August 2017 9.30am
That was my understanding as well, but how can it be necessary / justified to hover over one area for hours at a time, especially as Sunday is the only time we can expect anything approaching a bit of peace and quiet.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Current: 8 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network