Another stressful disruptive weekend

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Current: 9 of 12
Tuesday 8 August 2017 12.18pm
The helicopter was for TV covering the marathon. They used a short circuit between Westminster and the City which they went round six times, which is why it kept coming back. Then the same for the women in the afternoon.

Since the IAAF event is a one off I could just about bear it.
Tuesday 8 August 2017 12.51pm
50k walk Sunday, will that be through the streets?
Tuesday 8 August 2017 2.18pm
Thanks Theedy. Wish I'd known that. It somehow does make a difference knowing what's going on and why! Sunday's event is, I think, being held in a loop around Buckingham Palace / Admiralty Arch.
Tuesday 8 August 2017 3.37pm
These Athletics World championships are fantastic, so proud to live in a city that hosts these kinds of events.
Tuesday 8 August 2017 10.18pm
London is a noisy place these days especially and I am far too tired to go to many of these events every if I were so inclined. Now a desert island. That's another matter entirely
Tuesday 8 August 2017 10.25pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Prove what?????? 51 is a majority!!
Nah, it's unfinished business.
. Dream on. Out us out!!! Rule Britannia!!!! Come in Last night of Proms! Sock it to them. Follow that
What are you on about?
. I "am on about" NO to EU. The British people have spoken in a referendum... We should now try to maintain a mature respectful SILENCE!!!
Tuesday 8 August 2017 10.32pm
Paramount wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Prove what?????? 51 is a majority!!
Nah, it's unfinished business.
. Dream on. Out us out!!! Rule Britannia!!!! Come in Last night of Proms! Sock it to them. Follow that
What are you on about?
. I "am on about" NO to EU. The British people have spoken in a referendum... We should now try to maintain a mature respectful SILENCE!!!

???? Who said anything about the EU? This is a thread on disruption during the last couple of weekends due to various sporting events. Nothing to do with the EU. Calm down dear.
Wednesday 9 August 2017 6.33am
I live near the centre of a large European city of eight million people, and I want it to be quiet all the time.

I also want unimpeded roads for traffic to travel freely, and no cyclists or runners allowed anywhere.
Wednesday 9 August 2017 9.07am
Airships! For covering these events. I was going to suggest drones as an alternative but then realised they wouldn't be able to stay in the air for hours at a time and frankly the noise from them is just as irritating.
Wednesday 9 August 2017 9.15am
kevinruairi wrote:
I live near the centre of a large European city of eight million people, and I want it to be quiet all the time.
I also want unimpeded roads for traffic to travel freely, and no cyclists or runners allowed anywhere.

Some people have always lived in such a place and don't remember (almost) weekly disruption. Lots of people can't earn money because of it too.

Saying that, I agree with EW on this one, it is a one off and we should enjoy it. Weather permitting, Mrs b and I will be going to watch the mincers tomorrow.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Current: 9 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: