Laughing Gravy

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 31 May 2001 3.54pm
Where is the Laughing Gravy? Is it connected to the Honest Cabbage at all?
James Hatts
Sunday 3 June 2001 1.17pm
The Laughing Gravy is in Blackfriars Road. It's nothing to do with the Honest Cabbage.

James
Monday 4 June 2001 9.05am
As Blackfriars Road is rather long, it's worth adding that it's near where Webber St crosses it.

I did notice the other week in the forum that someone was thinking of taking their parents there. I would recommend this, my parents like it as much as TAS.

It is a friendly, relaxed and relaxing place, has both a cheap bar menu (5 a dish) and a good value restaurant menu (8-12 a dish). The latter regularly changes and is modern european - with lots of unusual things, that I have not seen anywhere else. It is a slightly out of the way gem! As is Mar -i-tella, but that's another story ....

David

PS in case you were wondering it is named after a Laurel and Hardy film about a dog called "laughing gravy"
Des
Tuesday 5 June 2001 11.16am
Out of the way? not if you live next to it :)
But it is definetley a little gem, great selection of wine and bottled beer, do wish they had just one or two beers on tap.

Food is great value in the bar, although the mash potatoes can be watery and they are always out of their delicious burgers.
Tuesday 12 June 2001 6.11pm
Laughing Gravy is one of a number of good and useful restaurants in SE1 - Kitchen & Bar, Tas, Konditor&Cook at the Young Vic, Meson Don Felipe.

Laughing Gravy is regarded as the house canteen for all the businesses in the starter units at Blackfriars Foundry and an excellent place to meet after work. They have a love/hate relationship with it : the smells from the kitchen penetrate several of the offices and may make you rather hungry when you just have to complete that pitch!

The menu has standards but also, as mentioned, is quite adventurous. I seem to remember antelope on the lunch menu.

Well worth a visit

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: